PDA

View Full Version : Support for Windows 7& Internet Explorer 8 [FIXED]

hardbop-man
01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi

I have just installed OrangeCD in Windows 7 (32-Bit) and there seem to be a compatibility issue with the internal viewer/engine (it's based on IE right?)

I can install OCD and I can see every album in the left field but when I try to view the content of the album, I can't see anything!

Andrei, have you tried/played with Windows 7 and/or IE8?

WilhelmStroker
01-10-2009, 07:22 AM
I have the same issue after I installed the latest build of IE8 on Vista. I'm very tempted to install windows 7 but not if orangecd doesn't work yet. I sent a message to support a couple of days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Deicide
01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Same problem here. I'm running Windows 7 beta 1 but I get the feeling the real problem is IE8 since WilhelmStroker is having the problem in Vista. One thing I tried but sadly did not appear to work is to select "Display all websites in Compatibility View" mode within IE8 settings.

Andre, can you please help us IE8 users? I'm hoping the solution will be trivial. My other big hope is that our databases are not corrupt by launching OrangeCD with IE8 installed. If there is a chance of this can you please warn us against doing anything else silly to further damage our databases.

Thanks heaps and eagerly await your help.

Cheers,
Dei

WilhelmStroker
01-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, the problem lies in IE8 because when I reverted back to IE7, I was able to see all my albums again, so luckily there is no corruption in the database.

andrei_c
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I am currently looking into IE8 compatibility problem. There is no solution yet, but I expect a new build will be released within 1-2 weeks that will fix it.

I can provide a link to a test build when it's available, so you could verify it works with your configuration as soon as possible. Let me know if you would like to try it.

Andrei

WilhelmStroker
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Awesome, yes, I would like to try a test build out as OrangeCD is currently the only app not working 100% on windows 7 and I miss it :)

Deicide
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I would DEFINITELY like to try a potentially IE8-friendly version. If I could I would uninstall IE8 but it's not really possible with Win7. Thanks!

andrei_c
01-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Try to install this build and see if it fixes the problem. I've tested it with Windows 7 beta and it seems to work. It will be released to public next week.

http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_13317.exe

Andrei

WilhelmStroker
01-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Yes, that build works fine here, I can see my homepage, albums are displayed correctly and the search works too.

I did get the following error message during install:
c:\windows\system32\mfc42.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX:DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x80040201
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers

Click abort, retry or ignore.

The install worked fine after clicking ignore..

I did just remove IIS from windows 7 and haven't rebooted yet, so this could be related.

chukky110
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Worked for me, too. Had the same error message as WilhelmStroker. No relation with ISS, because I haven't removed anything. Thanks anyways ;D

andrei_c
01-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks for testing! New version 6.2.8 is live and available for download. It fixes Windows 7 and IE8 compatibility problems, and has some cool new features as well.

Andrei

gvb
01-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi, I wont start new topic, but I have a little problem in w7.
I was no promted to enter registration details after I've installed OrangeCD, and still running in trial mode.
There is another way to enter registration key?

version 6.2.8.13318 of OrangeCD.
w7 x64 6.1.7000

WilhelmStroker
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for testing! New version 6.2.8 is live and available for download. It fixes Windows 7 and IE8 compatibility problems, and has some cool new features as well.

Andrei
Thanks Andrei for the very fast response! This versoin did not give the dll error message and all is working as expected. Many thanks!

Deicide
01-22-2009, 09:56 AM
New release version [6.2.8] installed and is working perfectly with Win7 and IE8. Thanks Andrei you legend!

gouletjo
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Will OrangeCD work with vista x64 ? Please let me know

pheisholt
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I can't get OrangeCD (v.6.3.6.14015) to run properly under the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (RTM - build 7600)/IE8 v.8.0.7600.16385.

OCD either freezes during startup and will not respond at all, or the program takes forever to complete an operation, or it simply never completes the operation. For instance if I try changing the OCD theme (View | Preferences | Themes tab), the Themes tab never appears - not even if I leave the program running all night. The Task manager indicates that OCD is only using approx 2-3% CPU and 22MB RAM (out of a total of 3,0GB).

I've tried running the program under different compatibility modes, but with absolutely no hell at all.

If I move my OCD database to a different computer (but with identical hardware) running Windows XP, Orange CD works OK. Although I must admit that OCD has become quite a memory hog.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

-paul-

Oscar
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I can't get OrangeCD (v.6.3.6.14015) to run properly under the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (RTM - build 7600)/IE8 v.8.0.7600.16385.

OCD either freezes during startup and will not respond at all, or the program takes forever to complete an operation, or it simply never completes the operation. For instance if I try changing the OCD theme (View | Preferences | Themes tab), the Themes tab never appears - not even if I leave the program running all night. The Task manager indicates that OCD is only using approx 2-3% CPU and 22MB RAM (out of a total of 3,0GB).

I've tried running the program under different compatibility modes, but with absolutely no hell at all.

If I move my OCD database to a different computer (but with identical hardware) running Windows XP, Orange CD works OK. Although I must admit that OCD has become quite a memory hog.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

-paul-

I have the same problems as stated above after installing OrangeCD version 6.3.6.14015

Any fix for this yet?

andrei_c
09-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I have the same problems as stated above after installing OrangeCD version 6.3.6.14015

Any fix for this yet?

Please check if this KB article applies to your system:
http://www.firetongue.com/kb/kb:kb001

pheisholt
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Andrei.

I'm actually not using Norton AntiVirus, but the same seems to apply to Symantec's corporate level equivalent: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).
I followed this procedure:

1. Opened the SEP control panel
2. Selected 'Change Settings'
3. Clicked the 'Configure Settings' button (Antivirus and Antispyware Protection)
4. Selected the 'File System Auto-Protect' tab
5. Clicked the 'Centralized Exceptions' button
6. Clicked the 'Add...' button
7. Selected 'Security Risk Exceptions'
8. Selected 'Folder'
9. Entered the path and name of the OrangeCD database folder
10. Clicked the 'Add' button
11. Clicked the 'Close' button
12. Clicked the 'OK' button

That seemed to do the trick.

I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.0.4202.75 - just for the record.

-paul-

Oscar
09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
The same applied to me. I’m using Symantec End Point Protection.
I configured the exceptions and everything seems to work fine with OrangeCD.
Thanks.