PDA

View Full Version : Addind 'sub' tracks

garn0002
12-13-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd like to be able to manage tracks that have sub tracks, such as medleys or track like Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother which has 6 sub tracks, labeled, in this case, a-f. I could use Notes, but I use this for other things, and, anyway, the font is different.

Something similar to Notes would be useful. So, in the case of Atom Heart Mother it might look something like:

Atom Heart Mother
a) aaaaaa
b) bbbbbb
c) ccccccc

etc.

Jerry Garnett

stephanos
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
This would be a major improvement as I see it. I've never been able to figure out a way to catalog medleys, and my large jazz collection is rife with them. Is there any hope of seeing this in the near future?

Also, I'd like to add my vote for the implementation of 'headers' as someone else requested in these forums. This feature would greatly simplify the cataloging of classical works or other extended suites. An earlier program I used [Music Collector] had this feature, along with multiple artist capability, so I gather that it is possible.

I came to this program after aggravation over the aforementioned other program's onerous approach to listing musician credits and making alterations at track level. The BIG difference though is attitude. That other program's developers seemed deaf to requests and intransigent to seeing things another way, judging by their response to suggestions in their forum. This site, I've observed, is refreshingly openminded and amenable to reasonable suggestions. And for that, the developers are due hearty thanks.