PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

johnlennon2
11-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I am having a hard time with the program lately. I am running the latest version (6.2.6.13119) and have a lot of issues. First, it takes forever for the program to load. When I try to bring up an entry this also takes forever. I cannot use thumbnail mode to view the albums as it takes nearly a half hour to load all the thumbnails (this example is using my most populated entry - The Beatles currently 721 discs). Scrolling through the content pane is frustrating too, because when I roll my mouse's scroll it pauses for a second and then slowly begins to scroll. Lastly, freedb AND amazon do NOT work. I've tried every different setting for both and it refuses to establish a connection to any. At this point the program is completely useless to me and I have a huge backlog of items to enter. If anyone has suggestions to fix any or all of my problems please speak up and help me out. I pray I'm not the only one with this problem. I imagine it's something I'm doing wrong as I've used the program for years now and haven't had these kind of issues for a long time. Thank you in advance. Andy

andrei_c
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Andy,

First, please follow the steps in this thread:

http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?p=12395#2

It should fix the performance problem.

Regarding Amazon and FreeDB problem, can you post a session log for each. To get the logs, switch to "Session Log" tab when you see the error message, and copy text from there. I am sure it is easy to fix.

Andrei

johnlennon2
11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Andrei -
Thanks for your reply. I checked that thread and I had those settings correct. However, when I exited out it didn't ask me to compact the database. I figured this must be part of the deal, so I went ahead and manually compacted the database and this seems to have solved the speed issues. Now onto the freedb/amazon problem. You said you wanted to see session logs so here you go...

Amazon : Connecting to ecs.amazonaws.com
freedb : Connecting to freedb.mygenres.com

I hope that helps. I look forward to hearing from you. Later. Andy

johnlennon2
11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Andrei -
I wanted to let you know that I managed to fix the freedb/amazon problem. I got to digging around in the preferences section and under Internet I located a button for proxies and such. Once there I unchecked "Use Internet Explorer Proxy Settings" and checked "Use CDDB protocol for CD info download" and it fixed the problem. I am now officially back in business. Thanks for such a wonderful program!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

andrei_c
11-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Andy,

I am glad that it worked. It was probably caused by incorrect firewall or IE proxy configuration. Let me know if there's any further help needed.

Andrei

frederf
03-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Andrei... that link that you posted for the instructions is not found..

Could you please repost those instructions?

Thanks

Fred

andrei_c
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Andrei... that link that you posted for the instructions is not found..

Could you please repost those instructions?

Thanks

Fred

Fixed the link above. Here's correct link:
http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?p=12395#2