PDA

View Full Version : Fix multiple listing of same Artist

Henning
06-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Fanatastic program!
After creating a large database of MP3 same artist is listed several times. For instance AC/DC and ACDC and AC-DC.
I know it is easy to fix this within Orange CD. However, I would like to have it fixed in original folders. Is this possible with Orange CD or do I have to use a Tagscanner/ renamer program to fix IdTags before creating a database?
I am currently using Tagscanner 5.0.
Appreciate any suggestion for this subject.

GoddessLissa
06-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm having the same problem so hopefully someone posts a response soon.

I really do wish there was a tutorial or something to help new users. I used OCD the first time a year or two ago and forgot about it until recently- of course everything has changed since then so it's all completely foreign to me now.

GoddessLissa
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
HA! I just figured it out. (This whole trial & error learning process is the most inconvenient thing about OCD)

Click on the artist/folder you want to change on the left hand side and highlight/select all the tracks in that folder. Then click on the little clipboard(?)/folder icon at the top -The one immediately to the right of "add manually". A window will pop up where you can change it.

Now I just have to figure out why everything is saving to a sub-folder within the main folder for each artist. (e.g. these are the folders I have for one artist: The Clash>None>Album titles.) If I skip over that folder in between the artist and the individual albums I'd be thrilled. It's time consuming and a bit frustrating to have the extra step to see what albums I have by a particular artist. (Especially since I'm trying to go through them all and delete albums I've copied twice manually)