PDA

View Full Version : Copy Musicians

Jazz_North
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Having just entered virtually the same set of 17 musicians for two different Bob Florence albums, it struck me how nice it would be to be able to just copy the musicians from one cd entry to another. Sure, one or two may have to be deleted and a couple more added but it sure beats entering most of them again and again. And that's why none of the musicians are entered for the 6 Terry Gibbs or the 8 Duke Ellington or the 16 Stan Kenton cds (yes, I know that's excessive, but I have the two Mosaic boxes).

andrei_c
05-13-2008, 04:51 PM
You can enter line-up section in Artist Profile and then all new albums by that artist will pre-populated with the line-up in Musician section. And you still will be able to make changes to the musician list if it's different from current line-up.

Andrei

BLOWERS
05-13-2008, 04:55 PM
You beat me to it by 25 seconds, Andrei!!

Jazz_North
05-14-2008, 07:07 AM
You can enter line-up section in Artist Profile and then all new albums by that artist will pre-populated with the line-up in Musician section. And you still will be able to make changes to the musician list if it's different from current line-up.

Andrei

This would be fine if Gibbs, for example, had a consistent line-up for all the cds, but he doesn't. Lineup 1 was on half of them and lineup 2 (with not much overlap) was on the rest. Similarly, the pre-war Ellington orchestra had different personnel from the post-war orchestra. I can have only one of these line-ups in the artist profile (as far as I can see) so would have to enter the other individually for each cd, even though much the same personnel is on a number of them. Being able to copy and paste would still work better.

I tried to use the Period in Artist Profile -> Lineup to distinguish among Ellington groups from different eras using for "1920-1940" for the early group and "1941-1960" for those in the later group, but all of them showed up regardless of the date. (I tried both the date on the General tab of the Record Properties and on the Recording tab, but neither worked as a filter.)

andrei_c
05-17-2008, 05:28 AM
I added Copy/Paste facility for Musicians in my to-do list for future updates.

Andrei

Jazz_North
05-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I added Copy/Paste facility for Musicians in my to-do list for future updates.

Andrei

Thanks Andrei