PDA

View Full Version : Upload time-outs http://mygenres.com/bquam/ [FIXED]

bquam
04-22-2008, 08:16 AM
For almost a year, everytime I attempt to upload my collection to MyGenres, the process times out. At the end of the "session log", I receive s "session terminated without a token" message. Most info is uploaded but many album cover graphics are not present. The total size of my collection is about 50 meg. I have tried deleting my collection and reuploading it. I have used both synch settings as well as any other settings that I can try, all to no avail. A few months ago, I reinstalled the operating system XP Pro, SP2) and that had no positive effect on the situation. Prior to this glitch beginning, everything uploaded fine. Also, all graphics and info display just fine locally on my system. Any ideas short of rebuilding the entire collection?

http://www.racksandtags.com/bquam/

meley
04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm having the same problem. Everything loads except "All" of the graphs. The pattern of graphic loads is random. I can't get a hold on it ... but unlike yours ... mine has NEVER worked to completion. I'll be quite interested in your resolution. Take care ...

bquam
04-23-2008, 07:16 AM
I first used MyGenres shortly after it was made available and then it would upload totally. Then, sometime about July 2007, it began the time-out no token problem. I've never been able to complete an upload since. I even tried deleting albums entered shortly before the problem began - either I missed the problem entry or ended up re-entering the same glitch. At this point, I really have no new ideas as to the cause unless it is the size of the upload (about 50 meg). I have tried numerous consecutive uploads but that doesn't correct the issue either.

andrei_c
04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I am seriously looking at this problem now as it seems to became worse last couple of weeks!

Unfortunately at this very moment I'm too busy deploying new version of the website; once it is live (it should happen in next 24 hours) I will look for the timeout problem fix.

Thanks for your patience.

VendenBos
04-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Just for the stats: I too have the time-out problem.

The new racksandtags site looks fine. I'm curious about the upcoming uploader. Will it be a light version of OrangeCD, or more OrangeCD next gen (better, more powerful and high speed)? I guess I'll have to wait and see :)

andrei_c
04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Timeout problem will go away completely when I switch OrangeCD to asynchronous upload. In simple terms, it means that data will no longer appear on the website immediately, but more like within 1-2 minutes. It should be fast enough for any practical purpose and it will rid of annoying timeouts completely.

I am working real hard on fixing this.

Andrei

VendenBos
05-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I guess the time-out fix is not implemented in version 6.2.3? :-/
I still get a time-out error when I try to upload my collection with this latest version of OrangeCD.

bquam
05-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I still have the same problem with the latest version. However, if I'm not mistaken, a new "uploader" is in the works that will rectify this rather small "glitch."

andrei_c
05-06-2008, 05:33 AM
I still have the same problem with the latest version. However, if I'm not mistaken, a new "uploader" is in the works that will rectify this rather small "glitch."

The fix will be on the server. You will not need to install or upgrade anything on your PC.

Andrei

Jazz_North
05-16-2008, 11:47 AM
The fix will be on the server. You will not need to install or upgrade anything on your PC.

Andrei

I've timed out every time for the last three days.

Tony
05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the previous topic post where I upload my OCD collection to R & T but album cover changes I made are not there.

Bobb
05-27-2008, 03:18 PM
FWIW,
I am still getting the timeout error.

Bobb

andrei_c
07-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Today I made change on the website that should improve timeout situation.

Please let me know how it works now, I really want to drive the issue to conclusion and make uploads fast and perfect.

Andrei

bquam
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Today I made change on the website that should improve timeout situation.

Please let me know how it works now, I really want to drive the issue to conclusion and make uploads fast and perfect.

Andrei

I just tried a few uploads and I'm still getting time outs. The only items that do not upload (as far as I can tell) are album covers. There also seems to be some correlation between covers that I insert by either pasting or loading. Most art work that is auto placed when the CD is scanned seems to survive the upload process. I don't know if that helps or not and I'm also not positive that it always holds true.

VendenBos
07-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I just added 2 albums, both with scanned covers. I did not get a timeout error when I uploaded my collection to racksandtags. Almost immediately after starting the upload I got the message that it had been uploaded successfully.
The new covers were not visible in racksandtags right away, but when I checked some hours later they were there.
It seems alright by me, although a better test will be with more data to upload than just 2 new albums.

bquam
07-13-2008, 10:11 PM
As of today, I still receive timeouts and album covers that are not part of the original scan do not load.

andrei_c
07-22-2008, 03:14 AM
I just added 2 albums, both with scanned covers. I did not get a timeout error when I uploaded my collection to racksandtags. Almost immediately after starting the upload I got the message that it had been uploaded successfully.
The new covers were not visible in racksandtags right away, but when I checked some hours later they were there.
It seems alright by me, although a better test will be with more data to upload than just 2 new albums.

New uploads are visible on the website after they are processed - depending on current server load, it may take from few seconds to few minutes. (Usually it's few seconds though.)

Andrei

andrei_c
07-22-2008, 03:17 AM
As of today, I still receive timeouts and album covers that are not part of the original scan do not load.

Will you be able to install and run a special build that I will make? I need certain debug information about your upload timings which I cannot get using other means.

If that's alright I will make you the build and hopefully we will have the solution shortly. According to the data I have, timeouts are practically gone except for you, so your help is critical.

Thanks in advance -

Andrei

meley
07-24-2008, 08:34 AM
My scanned artwork is still not working ...!

andrei_c
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I think I fixed at least one problem that could lead to timeouts.

If you still see timeout errors, please download and install test build from http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_13012.exe . Let me know if this fixed problem, otherwise I will continue investigating the issue.

Andrei

bquam
10-12-2008, 06:00 PM
I think I fixed at least one problem that could lead to timeouts.

If you still see timeout errors, please download and install test build from http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_13012.exe . Let me know if this fixed problem, otherwise I will continue investigating the issue.

Andrei

Andrei,

The test build seems to have fixed my timeout problem. A couple of minutes ago, I uploaded my data successfully for the first time without a timeout since July, 2007. Thanks for sticking with the problem.