PDA

View Full Version : Specific custom sort as standard

Mathias
02-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Maybe someone knows a solution for this. I've searched for some time but couldn't find anything...

I want to view my collection in a specific custom view: Artist, single or not, release date. No problem so far.

But when I sporadically use another view, my above defined custom view has disappeared in the . I have to put it together again. No big Deal, but when you do it the 10th time...

Is it possible to define a specific custom view as a standard view, to save it in some way? I've searched within the application, but could not find it.

Thanks,
Mathias

andrei_c
02-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi Mathias,

try this after you've set up custom view:

Right-click and select Customize View. On Current view tab, click Save as Preset. Enter preset name and press OK. Then press OK again.

Andrei

Mathias
02-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Andrei,

thanks for your answer, but: I just realised, that I've asked the wrong question... :-[ When I wrote 'custom view' I meant 'custom sort'. Sorry for the confusion! ::)

So again my question (hopefully right this time):

I want to view my collection in a specific custom sort in the right part of OCD: Artist, single, release date. No problem so far. Right click, Sort, Custom... Then put it together and ok.

But when I sporadically use another sort, my above defined custom sort has disappeared out of the custom sort dialog . I have to put it together again. No big Deal, but when you do it the 10th time...

Is it possible to define a specific custom sort as a standard sort, to save it in some way? I've searched within the application, but could not find it.

Thanks again, especially for your patience,
Mathias

Edit: I've changed the Topic subject to 'custom sort'.

andrei_c
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
There is no feature for this yet. It's been considered for a long time, waiting for critical mass to emerge.

Andrei

Mathias
02-15-2008, 04:22 AM
How many Kilograms do you consider as the critical mass? I'm not too slim anymore... :o

Thanks anyway...

Regards,
Mathias

BLOWERS
02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Add me to the critical mass, Andrei!!

Mathias
10-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Just want to bring that one up again...

[quote=Mathias]I want to view my collection in a specific custom sort in the right part of OCD: Artist, single, release date. No problem so far. Right click, Sort, Custom... Then put it together and ok.

But when I sporadically use another sort, my above defined

andrei_c
11-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I am working on this feature already. Note that recently pro accounts on Racks and Tags received feature that's very similar to what I am doing - it allows to save views (sort orders and columns) and quickly access them later.

Watch website updates, I will post when it's available.

Andrei

Mathias
11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds fantastic! :D

Thanks, Andrei