PDA

View Full Version : ?? about adding prefilled information

jeffd
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey everyone..hope this finds you all well.

had this posted in the wrong section, sorry about that

I spent the last couple days reading the forums here, and so far I really like what I see. It's nice to see some many people involved.

I have maybe 1200-1400 commercial cds, and about 2500 albums. My main passion though is live music..shows from the Grateful Dead, for example, and lots of other bands. I also get copies of concerts from different bands, which I catalog for archival and distribution purposes. Most of these are in flac or shn formats.

I think I have about 5000 hours of live shows, and I'd like to be able to track a number of things:

date/venue/tour info
recording equipment used, i.e. mics, cables,
recorders, software used
for transfer, etc.
setlists and track times
problems with recording, like cuts, pops, etc
guest artists, pertinent info on them
etc..etc..etc

OrangeCD works great when it comes to entering in most commercially available recordings. A few little quirks maybe, but you'll get that with any program.

My main concern is getting all of my live shows entered.

There is a program called Tapetracker, but it's no longer being developed, and it's freeware now. But it had some features that make it perfect for hardcore music collectors.

You can check it out here if you want: http://www.tapetracker.com/

One nice thing it has is the ability to click on a dropdown, choose the band you want, and enter the date, and it would fill in setlists, venue, guest musicians, etc. It does this with add-in databases I guess they would be, that people maintain, and make available to the community. Anything entered automatically can also be corrected manually if necessary.

There is also a site called setlists.com, which tracks all this, and then makes these databases available.

But we could import a file, say of all the Grateful Dead shows, and you wouldn't have to type any of that in. This saves hours of data entry..

Is there a chance that this feature might become available anytime soon in OrangeCD?

That would be great if is will..I know that this would attract a bunch of folks who collect live music, as there really aren't any updated programs that provide this feature.

well, thanks for your time...sorry for the length of this post.

jeff