View Full Version : Composer Field is not found on most tracks
11-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Composer Field is not found on most tracks but I have entered them on a track by track basis.
I cannot find records by Composer using Advanced Query.
What am I doing wrong?
BTW, I am still evaluating the software through the Trial version.
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Try building this advanced query:
Credits: Any contains <composer name>
Did it find it?
11-25-2007, 03:11 PM
The query ( Credits: Any contains Beethoven) returned zero rows.
By the way, in the last hour or so, I have noticed that when I click on View Details of a particular CD, I get the Album Cover as usual and the Track listing to the right. However, on some Albums, the Composer is listed below each track title in parenthesis such as
Allegro con brio 8:05
But on others, the composer is completely missing and I try to add it but it will not display there. It is on these latter variety that my queries fail to find the composer :-[
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Is there anyone out there wo can suggest a remedy for this issue?
11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
The composer field is also missing in the general properties of many CDs. I guess this depends on the information of the CD more than the OCD program.
But I have to "switch to classical layout" for each CD separately. I'd like to have this selection stay until I choose to change it.
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I use the simple search and I think that I find all the CDs of the composer I'm looking for. The automatic scan details are so different for different CDs that I have to correct quite a lot. I looked now at Beethoven, In the simple search I found those where the composer is entered, and one CD where Beethoven appears as an artist (!) in a CD of Various composers, no composers listed in the tracks, they're all "artists".
I see that in the CDs with a single composer (most of mine) the tracks never have the composer's name, so if I would search by track I wouldn't find them.
I found one Bach CD on the shelf which wasn't on my Bach OCD list, though it was scanned. So there was some missing detail when I entered it, and I didn't notice it then.
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I've found that with classical recordings, I need to make sure the layout is set to 'classical' and the category is set to 'classical' in order to make sense. Then I make sure the 'composer' field is set to what I want it to be in the Table View.
One problem is that when you scan in the recordings, the category and genre are not necessarily what you think they should be. So you might need to confirm that after scanning. I have also found that scanning the disks is not consistent. I have scanned separate disks in a boxed set and have had one with the 'artist' with the 'composer's name, and one with the composer correct. And two different genres (e.g., one is 'classical' and one is 'opera'). And if you look at the track data, on one disk the tracks are in English, and on another disk the tracks are in German.
Generally, once I scan in a disk, I go through the record properties from the Table View and make sure all the fields I'm interested in are correct and consistent. Then things seem to work ok from there on.
11-29-2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks for reporting this problem!
I fixed this issue. Next release will find these tracks.
The release is planned for December 7 (plus or minus few days). If the issue is urgent, I can generate a special build and post a link here - just let me know.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.