PDA

View Full Version : Previous Suggestions

Tony
11-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi Andrei,

Today I entered a disc from a set (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Runnin' Down A Dream"). The disc was a CD from a 4 disc set (the other 3 discs are DVDs). Anyway, it made me wonder if you are planning to enable DVD reading by OCD.

I have many music DVDs and have thus far held off entering them manually with the hope that you are going to add this feature.

I'm also wondering if you will add icons for other formats like cassette tapes, 8-track, reel to reel, etc.

I know that these have been suggested before. I'm just anxious to know if you plan to add them.

This is in no way a complaint. I think the program is great!

Tony
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
After slowly chipping away at entering into OCD, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have my CDs entered and the greater bulk of my vinyl LPs. I'm working on Country and Miscellaneous with only Classical collection left. Much of this entering is manually.

My next project down the road will be to enter Tapes and DVDs, which brings me to my questions that have been left unanswered. Will there be other icons? Will DVDs at some point in the future work like the CDs do now?

Tony
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm still patiently waiting (9 months) for a reply. Are there any possibilities that icons for tapes and other media will be added? What's the status on automated entries for DVDs? Is anyone besides me interested in these features?

BLOWERS
08-26-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm with you as far as the extra icons are concerned!

Tony
08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks for chiming in, Malc. I was beginning to think that nobody else but me had other media in their music collections. I know squat about computer programing, but it seems to me that additional icons should be relatively easy to add.

Reading DVDs, however, is much more complicated I would imagine. But nevertheless, I think it would be a fantastic additional feature to an already great program.

cmaz
09-23-2008, 09:10 AM
i agree. Any answer forthcoming?

andrei_c
09-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Unfortunately there is no database for music DVDs so I don't think OrangeCD will get DVD reading ability any time soon.

The only way to add DVDs is by manual input. Then you can change "part title" field to "DVD" or "Bonus DVD" so you know what it is by looking at album display.

Andrei

andrei_c
09-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Here's the sample:

http://www.firetongue.com/support/temp/set1.png

http://www.firetongue.com/support/temp/set2.png

Tony
09-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply about the DVD reading, Andrei. I was somewhat disappointed that this feature won't be incorporated anytime soon.

How about the additional icons for tapes, etc.?

Tony
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Andrei:

Can you add a few icons (like the ones for CDs, DVDs, and Vinyl, etc.) for other media like cassette and 8-track tapes or "other"? I have inquired several times about this, but never seem to get an answer.

-Tony

fasterbyelan
08-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree with the suggestion for more icons, Blueray/HD DVD's being just two I would like to see (I enter DVD info manually)

Another suggestion would be the ability to rename the cover image to something more intelligible. The image's name could also be shown on the appropriate tab of the media's properties.

Karl

Darth Grimby
01-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I will also add my support for additional icons! Would love a tape/cassette icon.

DLWheeler
01-02-2010, 12:41 AM
I'ld also like to see the introduction of the new icons suggested. It's a shame about the DVD database situation. We can hope that that situation will change sometime soon. I would alos like to just mention here (it has been other posts here though) that I would really like to see the "Collaboration" feature in the artists to work on individual tracks. This would be very usefull as many "Various Artists" discs have collaborations on individual tracks.

Love your work Andrei