PDA

View Full Version : Boxed sets

Fredpop
10-28-2007, 04:40 AM
I need some help please with combining albums into boxed sets.

In the RH panel I have my albums in table view - is this the album list view?

After I select required albums [CTR+M] and go to Tools/make box set I always get a message "To create a box set, select two or more standalone records in album list view". What have I missed?

Fredpop

Gagliem
10-29-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't know if I remember right, but if you need to create a box set, you don't have to mark the items with CTRL+M, but simply select them (just left-click the items holding down the CTRL key, you'll see them selected).

Then choose the Tool\Make Box Set option and it will pup-up the properties window:
now you have to enter the title with the real Box Set title, so if the cds have different titles, you have first to move them to the "Part Title" field (selecting each cd's properties window) and then make the box set with the new group title.

Hope this helps... and that I'm remembering the correct process... so try this with an example database before doing all this with your real archive ;)

Bye
Emanuele

Micken
10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
I downloaded OrangeCD about 4 hours ago. So far I've only catalogued 1 album - yes, it's a double CD!

I've been having exactly the same problem as Fredpop. Nothing seems to work. I haven't been able to find anything labelled "album list", so I assumed it was the column on the left. I've also tried the RH table as described by Fredpop using CTRL/left click, as suggested by Gagliem, but still get the same message Fredpop got.

I've just tried Gagliem's suggestion on the LH list, but that doesn't work because no more than one album on the LH "album list" can be selected.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Micken
10-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I think (and hope!) I've now sorted out the problem!

Here's what I did:

1. In the left hand column, click on one of the albums you wish to merge into a box set.
2. Type Alt+Enter
3. Click on the "General" tab
4. Under the heading "Part of multiple-disc set", make sure that "Part #" shows as "1/1" (and not 1/2 etc) and that "Part title" is blank
5. Repeat as above for the other discs you wish to merge into a box set.
6. Follow Gagliem's instructions using the RH list, but use the Shift key instead of CTRL.

I hope this helps, Fredpop.

Gagliem
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes, what Micken says it's OK.

I'm sorry I didn't explained much better, I posted my instructions considering that Fredpop had no problem with L/R panels, but only with the box set grouping.

The last thing I have to say is that SHIFT is ok if the albums are in sequence, I mentioned CTRL if you have albums with different titles and not in sequence, in this case you could select them without problems.

Cheers
Emanuele

Fredpop
10-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Thanks Guys - I'm reading your messages at 6.30am GMT just after waking up. Initially I haven't been able to follow them successfully but I'll try again when I'm fully awake.

fredpop

DickWB
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
My solution was the following and it worked. When you have a double cd you add them both separately to your database. After that you go to "entire collection" or the subfolder (the year for instance) where they are stored. You select both the pictures of the artwork, than go to "Tools"and select "make box set"
After that you will find the title of your album with a CD1 and a CD2

DickWB 8)