PDA

View Full Version : Comma separated

Penster
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello anyone!?

I have a old CD archive in filemaker that I want transfered to OCD. I can make it as a comma seperated file.

I want to transfer some itunestags to my archive.

Anybody that has the answers to this questions?
Maybe simple but I'm a new user so I need help!

Thank's in advance!

Penster

Mirco
11-07-2007, 05:46 AM
I was using previously DiscPlay 4.1 (by Matt Jensen / Obvion Systems) for cataloguing my CDs but then DiscPlay has been acquired by another company who finally abandoned the developement. It was almost 10 years ago.

Just recently I have transfered my DiscPlay CD collection, including lyrics, to OrangeCD using gawk and sed scripting/text processing utilities (available for free at gnuwin32.sourceforge.net (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html)). Comma separated text files can be processed by both utilities to convert your collection to the required import format.

You can import .xml files (CATraxx and Music Collector) or Windows CDPlayer .ini files. Unfortunately OrangeCD does not allow importing its own .oxl files. I found OCD XML very clear and self-explanatory. Instead I had to use the .xml formats of competitors - CATraxx to be specific.

If you want to transfer just the basic information (album and track titles), then CDPlayer.ini format will do. Otherwise you need to create an .xml file.

Mirco

Penster
11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Thank you for your answer!

I will try the ways you suggested.