PDA

View Full Version : New section for .DAX files (feature request)

Balok
05-25-2007, 08:19 PM
If you feel this belongs in New Features, please move it there.

May I suggest a new section in the .DAX file where Javascript common to more than one page might appear? This would solve the problem of the same code used in multiple places, which I'm sure you're aware is a maintenance headache.

Perhaps a new "Javascript" tab might appear in the DAX editor, as well.

Thanks in advance.

andrei_c
05-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for suggestion. Indeed, as more javascript is added to the default theme these days, separate javascript section makes a lot of sense.

I will look into it.

Andrei

Gagliem
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Balok!
I think it's a useful suggestion ;D, as I heavily modified OCD with my own theme full of Javascript functions (Andrei knows it.. I posted him some topics about JS on OCD) and they're always used in more than a section, also it seems that OCD doesn't like external .js files (I tried different ways...)

Cheers
Emanuele

Balok
07-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, I also tried various ways of shoehorning in external files without much luck. I also tried using an external editor to tuck them into the end of the styles section. OCD can't find them if they're there (and the template editor that comes with it won't even display them). And, of course, you can't refer to routines on one page from another, I'd guess because each page is loaded into a separate execution context.

Hopefully, Andrei will get 'round to looking at this one of these days, but it might be harder to do than we think.

Balok
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
This would suuuure be a nice feature... (hint, hint) :)