PDA

View Full Version : no cd covers [FIXED]

ekoliniol
03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
i've uploaded my collection using the latest version but i cannot see any cd covers allthough more than 95% of my collection has cd covers.

http://mygenres.com/koliniol/

andrei_c
03-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi,

Can you try the following:

1. View -> Preferences -> Mygenres.com tab
2. Check "Force full synchronization on next update" and press OK.
3. Tools -> Upload to Mygenres.com

Does this fix missing covers?

Thanks,
Andrei

ekoliniol
03-17-2007, 05:29 AM
hi
i already did what you suggested but nothing happened .
I suppose that checking "Force full synchronization on next update"
is meant to force a full upload of all records but it does not. It just finishes in less than half a minute .
Is there a way to clear everythning from my gengres and re-upload?

thanks

BLOWERS
03-17-2007, 09:11 AM
hi

Is there a way to clear everythning from my gengres and re-upload?

thanks

In My Genres, go to the Settings menu item. Then select the radio button: Settings - Delete Account - Delete All My Data. Doing this will clear all records but keep your account and settings. You can then perform a 'clean' upload.

ekoliniol
03-17-2007, 11:50 AM
re-uploaded everything
still no covers
does it have to do with the fact that all covers are saved in external files and not in database itself? (cannot save images in database because it makes it very slow)

ekoliniol
03-17-2007, 11:53 AM
i just saw that some covers have been uploaded
i'm gonna redo a full upload and see what happens

ekoliniol
03-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been trying to do a clean upload the whole day
I've tried more than 10 times and i keep getting "the operation timed out" message
I figured out than unless the whole database uploads without interruption the cd covers are not shown.

Is there a way to bypass the time out errors?

davidagbr
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
This issue has affected me as well. But only since I upgraded to version 6.1.1 a few days ago.

Today I have spent considerable time adding cover images to my collection, but rather than use the "load" button I chose to use the "paste" option... The images are in my OrangeCD collection, however they will NOT upload to MyGenres. I've just tried to add some via "load" and they upload correctly.

This has only become an issue for me since installing v.6.1.1, hope you can sort out a fix Andrei, because I really don't feel like having to go through all the covers again!

Regards

David

andrei_c
03-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Is there a way to bypass the time out errors?

Try executing this reg file:

http://www.firetongue.com/support/temp/upload_chunk_64k.reg

This should help with timeout errors. Note this is completely separate problem unrelated to absent covers.

andrei_c
03-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Thanks again for your bug reports.

I think I've been able to find the cause of the problem, I will publish a possible fix in next 24 hours.

Andrei

ekoliniol
03-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Time out problem fixed
All Cd covers seem to have been uploaded

thanks for the patch

andrei_c
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I fixed the missing cover upload problem. You can use the fix right now by downloading the application file from this link:

http://www.firetongue.com/support/temp/dadbapp.exe

Replace the dadbapp.exe in your OrangeCD installation directory with this file. Note that this is not a complete installer! It is just one application file that requires existing OrangeCD 6.1.1 installation.

To upload missing covers, you need to download the above file, then go to View -> Preferences -> MyGenres.com and check option "Force full synchronization", then upload the collection.

It will automatically detect which covers are missing and fix them, - but only if the "force full sync" option is checked.

I am sorry it took longer than anticipated 24 hours to develop this fix, and I would appreciate if anyone tried it and told me that it worked. Naturally, the fix will be included in next release.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrei

aeromn2010
03-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Thats appears to work. I haven't checked everything obviously, but the ones that previously had no cover, now do. Nice job Andrei

andrei_c
03-26-2007, 05:44 AM
New version that has this problem fixed (6.1.2) is on the download page. Thanks for testing the fix.

Andrei