PDA

View Full Version : Saving default (re)scanning options

Stoffel
03-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm using OCD to scan my MP3 collection.
When covers are missing I use Album Art Aggregator (http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/aaa/) to download it. It does not need to be installed and saves the cover *directly* to the mp3 folder.
This way I can use the cover for my ipod as well.

After downloading the jpg to the mp3 folder I'm doing a rescan. But I have to check the "Load covers from JPG and PNG file in folders" option in "Scan options" *every* time again.

Is there either a way to save this option as default, or -even better- an option to save the cover to the mp3 folder from within OCD? (feature suggestion)

Thanks
Chris

andrei_c
04-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi Chris,

OrangeCD remembers whichever settings were used last time when you did "Add Media Files". So if you do it again once with correct settings, it will remember it.

I hope this helps.

Andrei

Stoffel
04-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Thanks for your answer Andrei,

but: No. It does not.

I tried it via
Album->Add media files...

and the button
Scan media files.
I closed OCD an reopened it. Nothing worked. The box is still unchecked :-[

I'm quite convinced, that it *should* work like you say, but in my case it doesn't. So I'm very happy if I can help you hunt this 'bug' down. :-)

Thanks for your great program and for your help
Chris

andrei_c
04-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Hi Chris,

I think I misinformed you :( In the most recent version, you actually need to click menu Library -> Library Settings -> Scan Options tab and customize options there. Then click OK and these options will become default options.

Add media files method worked in previous versions, but it no longer works (btw, there's yellow band on top of the window that says that the options will not be saved - I should have remembered that).

Andrei