PDA

View Full Version : <member>, <guest> etc.

Balok
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Tags like <member> and <guest> apply at the album level. But on a multi-disc set, they only iterate over the first disc. When bands change their members and issue greatest hits discs, it can happen that the band members aren't the same from one disc to another. This is also the case on compilations by various artists.

I tried enclosing the tag within <dax:volume> and </dax:volume> but that just created two copies of the band members from the first disc.

<dax:producer> seems to work when enclosed in <dax:volume> and </dax:volume>, but it only returns <dax:production> entries assigned the specific role of "Producer." Likewise <dax:engineer> for "Engineers". But there seem to be no similar tags for the members and guests. And, if I recall earlier reading, tags like <dax:producer> and <dax:engineer> are deprecated in favor of <dax:production>.

Is there a way to get all the band members from all the discs of a multi-disc set? If not, is this planned?

Thanks.

andrei_c
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi balok,

This is limitation of current versions. I believe it's been discussed on this board, but you understand correctly that it only takes first disc of the set as a data source.

I also remember that it's been promised to fix a long time ago... Maybe now it's good time to fix this limitation. I'll look into it, thanks for reminder.

Andrei

Balok
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for looking into it. Here's my vote (for whatever it's worth) for a fix! :)

Balok
05-12-2007, 02:28 AM
I'd like to suggest that the <dax:member> tag work like this: it iterates the members from the first (or only) disc, UNLESS it is enclosed within a <dax:volume> ... </dax:volume> pair, in which case it iterates the members of the current volume.

That would help the theme I'm slowly building work the way I want, because it would permit me to keep track of which disk and tracks each member contributed. With some Javascript, I can group them...

Thanks...

andrei_c
05-14-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd like to suggest that the <dax:member> tag work like this: it iterates the members from the first (or only) disc, UNLESS it is enclosed within a <dax:volume> ... </dax:volume> pair, in which case it iterates the members of the current volume.

That would help the theme I'm slowly building work the way I want, because it would permit me to keep track of which disk and tracks each member contributed. With some Javascript, I can group them...
Excellent suggestion. I appreciate your input.

Andrei

andrei_c
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I believe the original issue of this topic is fixed in version 6.1.6.

Andrei

BLOWERS
07-13-2007, 05:56 AM
I think the same argument applies to artwork. Many multi-disc sets have different covers - it would be great to be able to show this!

Balok
08-04-2007, 12:04 AM
I verified that this works for me. It doesn't work precisely the way I expected that it would (see Reply #3), but it works in a different way that is equally useful.

Thanks for fixing this!

frederf
08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree with BLOWERS concerning the storage of different covers for each disc in a mult-disc album.

Thanks

Fred

Gagliem
07-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Hi everybody!

Andrei remembers well ;D, as I started the topic of the moltivolume bug several versions ago, but in the "General Support" section, because I used lots of JS functions in my own theme.

Actually it was all almost fixed with OCD v1.6.7 and there's only one thing left, see "The Last MultiVolume BUG (Credits section)", always in "General Support" section.

If it's better to put my topic in this section I'll move it here, Andrei, I'm still hoping you could fix that last thing about moltivolume :P.

Cheers
Emanuele