PDA

View Full Version : Foreign characters

Dago
04-23-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm a registered user from Italy. A feature that I would be glad to see implemented is the correct visualization of characters not used in the English language, especially the accented vocals. In Italy we have lots of accented words (just think the word "is", in Italian is an accented "e"), and several other countries use them (France for instance).
When I insert artist, title, and tracks in "Properties" windows the letters show correctly, and the same in "Content" listing, but on the album page they are trasformed in other letters or signs. This is very boring because I always have to trasform the accented letter into a normal letter plus an apostrophe, such as

andrei_c
04-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Hi Dago,

The feature you're talking about is already in current version. You need to open Preferences dialog, switch to Database page, and change Default Character Set to something relevant. I believe "Western European(Windows)" is the character set you need.

Note you can also customize language for separate albums ("Character Set" on Custom/Misc page of album properties), in case you own albums in second language.

--Andrei