PDA

View Full Version : Various changes

Ayot
06-09-2002, 07:12 AM
Hi,
After several months of tests of various software, finally I bought OrangeCD. I'm very happy to use OrangeCD, so I feel authorized ;) to put here few remarks:

"Your music collection" window
- I'd like to customize this window by myself. If it is not possible, most wanted links are: search box for www.allmusic.com, search box for www.google.com and... www.amazon.co.uk.

"Record properties" window
- "Category" field give no value for me at all. As I know, this is standard field, comes from database, so I'd like to have a chance to hide this field in Album Details panel.
- "Format" - I'd like to change list of formats by myself.
- "# in set" - six CDs in the set is not enough.
- "Recording"- Some of CDs I have, are mixed recordings: Live and Studio. I'd like to have two 'check' boxes for: "live recording" and "studio" to recognize such albums.
- "Conductor", "Solist" and "Orchestra" should be optional. Here is best place to put details about all musicans.

Best regards,
Andy

Doug
06-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Actually, in the "your music collection" window I would just like to be able to add all the sites I like to search. What would REALLY be awsome, is having a single box that would search all the sites I want :)! This would be great, imagine, having, say, 10 sites you like to visit, all searched with one click! I realize that this requires special programming for different sites, so I would like to be able to add this in to this screen myself. Also, it would seem that google would be one of the sites in this window, since it is such a great engine (I think) for searhcing for lyrics. But, still, the custom option, where you can just build your own web page to be inserted here should not be tool dificult to program, and would provide MAXIMUM flexability for the user.

As far as the catagory field is concerned, I think that is just a "sub field" ... where gerne is the primary "type" field. I suppose one could use the catagory field to oganize all thier instrumental cd's from thier 'normal' recordings, or, in my case, seperate my Christian artists CDs from the secular ones (something I haven't tried yet). Rather than having different database files. But, I do not know if this will work out when you export to html ... but, I would think so.... So, that you can seperate your groups of music from each other, on seperate pages if you like.

Also, I am curious, what other programs have you used? I have been trying ALLOT myself... and yes, OrangeCD is the one I like the best so far (I guess this is a conversation for the "private mail" section, eh?).

Take care.

Doug

Hi,
After several months of tests of various software, finally I bought OrangeCD. I'm very happy to use OrangeCD, so I feel authorized ;) to put here few remarks:

"Your music collection" window
- I'd like to customize this window by myself. If it is not possible, most wanted links are: search box for www.allmusic.com, search box for www.google.com and... www.amazon.co.uk.

"Record properties" window
- "Category" field give no value for me at all. As I know, this is standard field, comes from database, so I'd like to have a chance to hide this field in Album Details panel.
- "Format" - I'd like to change list of formats by myself.
- "# in set" - six CDs in the set is not enough.
- "Recording"- Some of CDs I have, are mixed recordings: Live and Studio. I'd like to have two 'check' boxes for: "live recording" and "studio" to recognize such albums.
- "Conductor", "Solist" and "Orchestra" should be optional. Here is best place to put details about all musicans.

Best regards,
Andy