PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Choice FreeDB...

Doug
06-14-2002, 12:59 PM
When a scan is done of a CD, and more than one match is found, they always look identical, because the artist/album name are the same, it usually is just that one entry has things like year and label, and the other does not. Unfortunately we can not see theses differences in this window. What about showing the entire FreeDB record, both of them, side by side (or all three of them?). This way we can make a more informed decision as to which record to pick.

Doug

andrei_c
06-16-2002, 12:42 AM
Nice suggestion, but unfortunately FreeDB QUERY command only returns artist, title and category for each selection. To display any additional fields we would need to send READ commands for every record. It would take longer to display the list. But thanks anyway, this can be an "advanced" option.

Andrei

Doug
06-19-2002, 04:27 AM
Take longer? How much longer could it take? I would imagine, even with a dial-up connection, this would not be that time consuming. But, yes, an advanced option sounds good to me :).

Doug

Nice suggestion, but unfortunately FreeDB QUERY command only returns artist, title and category for each selection. To display any additional fields we would need to send READ commands for every record. It would take longer to display the list. But thanks anyway, this can be an "advanced" option.

Andrei

Omega
06-25-2002, 08:08 AM
I would also be in favor for this. Caus' if you think about it, more and more people are switching to broadband, and then the issue "it takes longer" isn't really valid any more.
Also : if you trying to have a decent collection overview, it's definately worth the little extra time, in order to have a correct database entry.

Just my 0.02 eurocents....

Peter