PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

07-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Hi!
Had a look at your programm and think about buying it. However, I have some suggestions/questions first:
-the search function is okay, but search words should be highlighted on found-page otherwise I have to look through many CDs to find the "real" song (what about some boolean expressions too?)
-it should be possible to link song title to an already existing mp3.-file on Hard Disk so that I can listen to it. Now I try it with the "Web Link" function and enter there a link to file on hard disk. it works but takes a bit of effort and is not very comfortable.

thanks!
Sasha

07-01-2002, 08:01 PM
...3 more things:
-in "Track listing" the numbers from 1 to 9 should be 01 to 09, now there is a "jump" in the lay-out from 9. to 10.
-and it should be possible to sort e.g. "The Pogues" as "Pogues, The" or "The Pogues"
-there should be an "offline mode" so that I can collect many CDs and querry the freedb-database in one go for ALL of them (now appears an error message if I am offline and scan the CD-ROM drive and I have to cklick later on EVERY "New Artist::New Album" to get the CD information)

Sasha

andrei_c
07-02-2002, 03:08 AM
Sasha,

Thanks for suggestions. The first two (better search and MP3 support) are already in production, and I will file the rest. Regards,

Andrei

Doug
07-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey, great! Links to MP3 files would be great, but, can those links be exported, so that if you want to put MP3's on your website, the links will still work (of course the directory structure would have to be the same, no biggie)?

Ahh yes, being able to find where the word 'love" (for example) is amongst the results would be very helpfull :).

Doug

Sasha,

Thanks for suggestions. The first two (better search and MP3 support) are already in production, and I will file the rest. Regards,

Andrei