PDA

View Full Version : some features

Johnson
07-09-2002, 01:11 AM
1. The program should have a possibility to manually enter and change CCDB ID and MCI ID - in case I might fill in all the data without cd loaded, pressing "Add New Album" button. Then I could enter CCDB ID and MCI ID and relate the data to CD itself.

2. Category should be optional and shold not be seen if it is not entered. Besides, same goes to "edit notes" and "add/remove links" - they should disappear when all the info is entered.

3. There should be a field for entering original date of CD production. For instance, an album was issued in 2000 and reissued in 2001. If I have a 2001 edition I want a field to fill in year of original issue. Something like that can be found in table mode - there are "year" and "release date" columns, but I don't see a way to separate them.

4. Start page should be changeable. I don't want ot search for music and don't need web links there. I could place there something else which is better for me.

5. In general - MORE OPTIONS! Like fonts, for instance, or customable toolbar, etc.

THE PROGRAM IS GREAT!!!

Johnson
07-11-2002, 12:16 AM
one more thing:
i think that "composer", "lyrics author", "engineer", etc. fields should be replaced with "music by", "lyrics by", "engineered by", etc. very often it happens that music or lyrics is written or engineered and produced not by a person, but by the whole band itself and it's pretty funny to see phrases like "Lyrics author - Cannibal Corpse".

besides, i think that there must be an additional field "written by" - sometimes you don't know who exactly wrote lyrics or music, like "Song Title - written by John/Paul/George/Ringo" :)