PDA

View Full Version : Sorting...in some way

Deadlock
07-21-2002, 04:59 PM
Hi all!

First, OrangeCD rockz!! You've done a really great job so far!
:) :) :)

Aaaaand here comes a little suggestion:

OrangeCD is able to ignore words like "The" in the album title, so it will sort:

Green Desert
The Hollywood Years
Hyperborea

So far, this is really goooood 8) , but is there a possibility to customize the list of ignored words? For example the german words "Das", "Die", "Der" and so on?

Because now OrangeCD sorts like this:

Dosburg Online
Das Wagner Desaster
En=trance

Correct, it would be:

Dosburg Online
En=trance
Das Wagner Desaster

Would be great to see in a further version!

Best regards

Deadlock

07-26-2002, 05:30 AM
or in the other way:

if you want to have the "the" in the name (for sorting like:
Theatre of...
The Smiths
Tiamat...)

then would be the user defined list pretty nice...

Sealed
07-29-2002, 11:41 AM
On the subject of sorting.....

It would be nice to be able to export the database as an html page catogorized on alfabet.. Right now I am using the label field and export it catagorized on label... (which is different from sorting)

This was about the only way to get what I wanted automaticely without any "after coding" ;D Look here for the result of that.. template available upon request, but keep in mind.. it uses the label field

http://members.lycos.nl/awgerritsen/html/cdcollection/albums/index.html

andrei_c
08-01-2002, 02:11 AM
Hi,

Regarding sorting issue: the list of meaningless words ("ignore-list") will be implemented pretty soon (quite possible, in final 4.3.0). It should resolve most of sorting problems.

I have also created a work item for alphabetic categorization in HTML export. This sounds like perfect idea, I wonder why no-one noticed this earlier. Thanks, Sealed! Hopefully this will not take long to implement.

Andrei