PDA

View Full Version : Player improvements

Renars
09-05-2002, 03:33 AM
Hi,

Since I have found Orange CD Catalogue and player combination to be a superb pair that fits all my catalogue/play requirements, i use solely Orange player. Yet there is something that is slightly dissapointing - lack of fast forward and fast backward functions in the player. In ideal it could be complemented by a visual slider of track position that could also be used for fast play position adjustment.

In my opinion, the upper segment of player menu, which currently is populated by eject, pause/play and stop buttons, could be rearranged into a single bar with traditional pictograms for these functions, as well as fast forward and fast rewind, all arranged in the traditional order. In addition, pop-up help screens could be assigned for each of them with a written explanations for each of those (just in case someone sees these for the first time in lifetime, which i find to be highly unlikely). For instance, "Eject" for eject pictogram. Sounds simple?

In addition, above this control button, a slider bar could be displayed, which would track current play position on a scale from 0:00 to the end of the current song. The current timing position in minutes:seconds (like 1:27) could also be displayed for better representation.

Ok, just take a second to consider this, thanks.

andrei_c
09-10-2002, 05:56 AM
Renars,

Thank you for posting. Fast forward and slider controls in menu will likely be implemented soon. And I'll see what I can do about control bar at the top of menu.

Andrei