PDA

View Full Version : Export and "updates"

10-04-2002, 02:54 AM
Hi there!

here's a little idea:

is it possible, to make a new export / import-format to export "newer" entries from one database and import them in another db?

for better understanding: if I have my collection on my pc at home and a friend uses this also at his pc. my base is up to date and my friend want some "updates" - when I put some new cd's into it. but a collection with nearly 2000 entries with covers in a separate folder and the thumbs in the database is around 20 MB (some cd's with texts and soon) big and very bad to send by mail.
but if it would be possible, that I can export the "newer" entries (f.i. by the date of addition - "export all with date newer than xx.xx.xx") inclusive all informations and covers in a new "little" database and could import them in the other database (I think, this is already possible) - this would be very nice...

andrei_c
10-08-2002, 02:56 AM
Hi Monty,

Thanks for your message. I would call this feature Database Synchronization. There is a demand for it, because people need to synchronize the databases at home and work, or between friends, just as you described. I will consider adding this feature at some point. Regards,

Andrei