PDA

View Full Version : freedb bulk query

Stoffel
10-24-2002, 06:28 AM
Another nice feature I would like to see is a bulk query for new CDs.

Now I enter a CD in my drive, have to confirm that no internetconnection is available, have to enter a category and save the CD as "New artist". I do this for about 10-20 CDs.
Then, when I have established a connection I have to "Acquire CD info" for each CD.

It would be great to have an option that only reads the CD, creates an "empty" record and opens the drive again for the next disc.
Then, when I'm finished and have a connection established, I would like to do a bulk query to fill all "empty" records.

Thanks
Chris

andrei_c
10-25-2002, 03:36 AM
Hi Stoffel,

thank you for suggestion. I will consider adding an option to dismiss the manual entry dialog when no Internet connection is available. However, bulk query is already implemented in OrangeCD - all you need is select multiple entries and click Download CD Info. Regards,

Andrei

Stoffel
10-26-2002, 10:41 AM
However, bulk query is already implemented in OrangeCD - all you need is select multiple entries and click Download CD Info. Regards,

Andrei

Hi Andrei,
thanks for your quick answer. (I registerd OrangeCD right away * ;) )
But I was not able to select multiple entries yet. A soon as I select a record I change to that entry. And I cannot use click -> shift click to select a range of records in the tree. It simply doesn't work.

One thing more I would like to see changed is a reversed order of the date-field in the "record properties -> general tab". You usually have more CDs of the last years, than of the years 1950 to 1968

Thanks from Colgone, Germany
Chris

andrei_c
10-26-2002, 08:02 PM
But I was not able to select multiple entries yet. A soon as I select a record I change to that entry.

Click menu View - Preference, Global tab, then uncheck "Single click navigation" option. This will prevent OrangeCD from displaying record details on a single click.

One thing more I would like to see changed is a reversed order of the date-field in the "record properties -> general tab". You usually have more CDs of the last years, than of the years 1950 to 1968

This makes sense. Thank you.

Stoffel
10-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Click menu View - Preference, Global tab, then uncheck "Single click navigation" option.

I already tried this option. I was still not able to select more than one entry.
Probably I am doing anything wrong!?

Chris

10-28-2002, 03:52 AM
hi chris!

you have unchecked the "single click nav."?
then close the prefeneces box, click on the left screen-side on the "unknown artist" entry at the end of the list.
then you see on the right side the entries of the albums, where you have no data. click on one of them.
then hold the ctrl (strg on german keyboards) - key and click the next one. you see? they both are marked...

another possibility is, you click on the icon with the little windows in the iconbar, direct left of the help button. on one you see a little picture, the other looks more like a table. when you activate the table, you have all albums in the list under another - there you can use them like in excel...

at last point , click with the right mouse-button in the marked region - in the popup menu click on "acquire cd info"...

everything ok? did you get your cd-data?

greets, monty

ps: is it neccessary to enter a category, when you put a new cd into the drive? or is it enough to click on the "do nothing"-button in the popup?

Stoffel
10-28-2002, 04:14 AM
Hi monty,

thanks for your help. I finally made it. My error was, that I mixed "single click opens topic" with "single click navigation" and that I always tried to select multiple records in the content tree and not in the main window.

ps: is it neccessary to enter a category, when you put a new cd into the drive? or is it enough to click on the "do nothing"-button in the popup?

I'm not sure. I always thought, "do nothing" means exactly what it says. So it doesn't even read the CD. But I never tried this option.

Chris