PDA

View Full Version : Sort Name option

kjetil
05-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Hi!

I like the sorting function in artist view (Dylan, Bob), but there should be an option when entering CDs to decide the sorting name.

1) I.e. when CD is not found on FreeDB, there should be a check box next to "Various Artist"-check box saying "Sort on last name" or "Swap".

2) When scanning, the user should have the same opportunity. I.e. in a preferences dialog, there could be a "always/never ask for sorting when scanning a new cd"

3) Also, would it be difficult to let a CD appear in several places, which could be the case for "David Byrne/Brian Eno"-type of CDs?

You're the best!
-kjetil

andrei_c
05-03-2003, 05:35 AM
Hi kjetil,

1-2) Sounds like a way to make life simpler. I'll put it in my list. Thank you.

3) Yes, it is quite difficult to implement in current version. Nevertheless, this is a planned feature for 5.1 or 5.2 release. Sorry, I don't want to uncover details yet.

Andrei

andrei_c
05-03-2003, 07:09 AM
;D Get rid of that CD.....CDs are sooooooo 20thCentury.

I don't agree - I hate listening MP3 and always prefer CD on my audio system if only have a choice. And you can't hold MP3s in your hands. I think it's great disadvantage.

05-25-2003, 01:43 PM
me too. i have felt like the odd guy in that i don't get this whole MP3 thing. For some reason i want to own the cd, look at the cover, read the liner notes, store them, etc. MP3's just don't do it for me. Also, MP3's seem more for the singles listener as opposed to the album listener.