PDA

View Full Version : Track Listing

DrGobble
05-23-2003, 03:15 AM
I'm torn between OrangeCD Catalog or another very similar one that I won't mention. The other has a track listing feature that lists all tracks in the database. I saw a previous post about this feature and it was targeted for version 5. I haven't been able to find it in build 6501 so I'm assuming it hasn't been added yet. I was wondering if it is still going to be added?

DrGobble
05-23-2003, 03:29 PM
I had a home brew database using Paradox and had about 1000 CDs entered, songs and all (long before CDDB!). I would browse through the track listing to look for typos and also to find cover songs. There was over 10,000 tracks and the computer I was using at the time (a 386) only took a few seconds to load the list.

Now with the advent of CDDB I'm not so worried about typos but now since I'm likely to pay less attention to the tracks since they are entered automatically I feel that it would be even more important to be able browse the tracks for covers or whatever.

I don't want to take the time to enter all my CDs and then find that a feature that I would like is missing. So I'm still evaluating the two softwares.

andrei_c
05-27-2003, 12:51 AM
DrGobble:

Yes, the track listings will be added. Unfortunately, this feature was not added to v.5 as it was planned earlier. We are still working on it.

Andrei