PDA

View Full Version : Barcode input

mikeh
11-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Hi Firetongue,

Nice piece of software.

A quick question. Is there a way that I might be able to use my cue-cat barcode reader to input the UPA number, instead of having to put the CD into my computer?
I have some DVD catalogue software which uses this input mechanism, and cataloged my entire DVD collection (200+) in about 15 mins.
I have well over two thousand CD's, thus my question

andrei_c
11-15-2002, 04:36 AM
Hi Mikeh,

No, we don't provide barcode input in OrangeCD. It is possible that in future versions we will implement it. Thank you,

Andrei

oeaton
10-18-2003, 03:17 PM
I also have the same issue. I have several hundred CD's that I need to catalog and I get new CD's weekly. The OrangeCD application is really great, but I need to be able to scan my CD's in using a barcode scanner to save time. I also have a cuecat scanner, it works great with some of my other software and I wish I could use it with OrangeCD.

andrei_c
10-20-2003, 06:29 AM
Hi oeaton:

Barcode input is planned for version 5.3, which will hopefully come out by Christmas. Thanks for posting,

Andrei

chrome
11-24-2003, 11:25 PM
When you say barcode input, do you mean scan the CD's barcode and have the album info appear in OrangeCD? If yes... what database polls that information? Very cool.

I would just be happy for a permenant barcode field.

andrei_c
11-25-2003, 03:09 AM
Yes, this is how this feature will work. An update for my previous post: unfortunately, the implementation of the feature is delayed to the beginning of 2004.

Andrei