PDA

View Full Version : new cd

Hypocrite
04-18-2002, 03:43 PM
I have this annoying bug with the latest version of OrangeCD. When I listen to a cd and then change to a new one it keeps recognizing the new cd as the old one I was just listening to. Whatever I do it doesn't refresh to the new. I can open and close the OrangeCD again and again or the cd-rom drive but nothing helps. It just says it's the old cd. Now I noticed that if I put the new cd to my other cd-rom drive it recognizes it correctly and after that I can put it to my main cd-rom drive and now it plays with correct track information etc.

What's causing this?

04-19-2002, 05:14 AM
is it possible, that at one of your drives the option "automatic notification at cd-change" is off. it must be "on", if the change of a cd should be registered by the system.

look into the "preferences", cd-rom and click the option on.

Hypocrite
04-19-2002, 05:57 AM
I don't think that's the reason because this doesn't happen all the time. It seems that the problem comes up usually when playing enhanced cd's, which have videos and such.

Sealed
04-25-2002, 01:11 AM
hmmm... this sounds familiar.

you might also want to check if the cd player is digital or analog connected.. that is the problem I have with my old laptop.. I did noted that in another thread.

In that case it is just old hardware (like mine lol)

Hypocrite
04-25-2002, 03:45 AM
I don't think its a hardware problem because this problem started after I upgraded to the latest version of OrangeCD and also every other cd-player on my computer works. The player I'm trying to play the cd's is a DVD-player so the hardware isn't that old :D

Hypocrite
05-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Any solution for this? Its getting pretty annoying because it didn't do this before and I haven't changed anything.

andrei_c
05-14-2002, 05:19 AM
Can you try checking "Release device when idle" option (Preferences, General page)?

I am debugging this problem right now and not sure if I have the same symptoms. For me, problem goes away when I check this option.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

Hypocrite
05-14-2002, 05:34 AM
Can you try checking "Release device when idle" option (Preferences, General page)?

I am debugging this problem right now and not sure if I have the same symptoms. For me, problem goes away when I check this option.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

Thanks, I'll try that.

Hypocrite
05-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Did not help.