PDA

View Full Version : Two versions of OrangeCD together

Omega
08-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Didn't experience any troubles yet with the beta. There is however one small thing I think is a pity : I have to uninstall my current version in order to try the beta. This scares me a bit, because well, it is a beta, and it could corrupt my database. Ok, I know : I should have backups, and I do, but it would be nice if I could use both versions sideways. Probably there's a good reason why this isn't the case, but I just wanted to share this thought with you.
Otherwise : nice work Andrei! I really enjoyed the mass change feature! It fixed my database in a couple of seconds! Cool!

Peter

(For who'se interested : I took a custom field, and filled it everywhere with the name of an HTML page, that will tell my visitors that there is no extra information available yet for that artist/album. I mean to gradually collect information about artists/ albums, put it in an HTML page, and that filename will then go into the custom field.)

andrei_c
08-13-2002, 03:52 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately you are right. OrangeCD uses specific registry key to locate its database manager DLL. At a time, registry key can have just one value, so two different version cannot coexist. It is possible to fix, but frankly I don't think it is worth fixing.

Anyway, thanks for comments.

Andrei