PDA

View Full Version : arrow key navigation

gecko
08-28-2002, 12:54 AM
I tend to rely fairly heavily on keyboard navigation; I am much more likely to use a keyboard shortcut than a mouse click.

I noticed that after installing the new beta, using the arrow keys for navigating up and down in the content pane [left side] no longer causes the right side to automatically update.

For instance, if I click on the entry for atb, the right side displays thumbnail views of all the individual atb albums. Now if I use the down arrow key to go to attrition [the next entry down], the right side displays...atb. If i -click- on on attrition, then the right side changes to a list of all the entries for attrition. but i have to click. Futhermore, if i arrow over to an individual album entry, it will not show up on the right side unless i hit enter. it used to automatically change.

Anyone able to duplicate this? it's a pretty minor problem but i don't use the mouse unless i have to, and it really slows me down when i'm switching back and forth between entries.

andrei_c
08-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi gecko,

use Space button to update right pane contents. This change was intentional, because sometimes user wants to scroll the tree quickly rather than view folders one by one.

Regards
Andrei

Sealed
09-02-2002, 06:08 AM
Hey Andrei,

This change was unacceptable :o lol ;D
Of course changes that are based on preferences, taste, and just the way you use the program are never good or bad, they are at most very personal .

Perhaps it would be a good idea then to have the option to keep the left & right pane in sync .. or not... with a small checkbox, like you did with the one-key-navigation. :D

Sealed