PDA

View Full Version : Extended Characters Not Displaying

baChoMp
07-22-2002, 05:52 AM
Extended Characters aren't displaying in the right hand pane but are showing up in the left pane.

EG:

baChoMp
07-22-2002, 07:15 AM
My bad, i found the answer in another forum. You need to set the database language preference to western european (windows).

ignore this topic ;D

11-03-2002, 09:54 AM
I have tried both options. Unfortunatly, i have problems using both.
Half of my collection is in Hebrew, when I set each CD in hebrew to the correct language, I get the right pane to show it correctly, but when I open the record properties tag I get unreadable characters :((
Also the left pane is always showing up with corropted characters.
Any ideas ?

andrei_c
11-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Hi Barak,

I have tried both options. Unfortunatly, i have problems using both.
Half of my collection is in Hebrew, when I set each CD in hebrew to the correct language, I get the right pane to show it correctly, but when I open the record properties tag I get unreadable characters :((
Also the left pane is always showing up with corropted characters.
Any ideas ?

If you want to display Hebrew only, you need to change system character set into Hebrew. This setting is in Control Panel / Regional and Language Settings in Windows XP and is called "Language for non-Unicode programs" (this may be different in different versions of Windows).

Please note that it is not possible to display two different languages at the same time. It is a limitation of OrangeCD. The left pane can only display titles in system character set. For example, it is not possible to display Hebrew and Western European characters at the same time.

In future, we may get rid of this language limitation, but so far, changing language settings in Control Panel is the only workaround.

Thanks,
Andrei