PDA

View Full Version : SPEED

09-03-2002, 08:43 AM
I have recently purchased OrangeCd and I like the product. Speed of Index lookup seems to be a problem. I have already catalogued 2000 cds and I have over 12000 so I am concerned it might get worse. Does anyone have any tips?

Sealed
09-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Hey Brian

Maybe put more RAM in it and get faster CPU??? :o ;D
And what kind of live has someone who has more then 500.000 hours of music anyway?? ;)

But whithout kidding... best bet would be to look at the covers, 8) if you are using full-sized images you might want to resize them to a 190*190 format... it is displayed in this size and could increase some speed ... also have the latest version and check that files bigger then xxKb are stored outside the database.

Some things that might help too is if you could tell which OS,CPU and RAM you use so that the developers have a better view on it ;D

See ya!

12-25-2002, 09:32 AM
I have about 4000 CD's... and what I did to increase performance is create several different databases. I know it's somewhat inconvenient, but I have an A.dab, B.dab and so forth. Each database only contains a maximum of 300-400 cd's, and the performance can't be beaten.