PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail View

Batman
08-01-2002, 02:02 AM
4.3 beta 1 bug. The thumbnail view doesn't remember the sort order that was last asigned to it. Every time you leave the view and come back the order changes (to what I'm not sure).

Also on the thumbnails. I don't mind so much waiting for the thumbnails to generate the first time but everytime is not acceptable. You look at an ablum and go back to the thumbnails and you have to wait for them to regenerate. Can't these be cached somehow?

I like the feature to have the album covers in seperate files. Is it possible to just reference the file that is loaded under album properties instead of having a duplicate file created in a seperate directory.

Keep up the good work.
Batman

andrei_c
08-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks for bug reports.

4.3 beta 1 bug. The thumbnail view doesn't remember the sort order that was last asigned to it. Every time you leave the view and come back the order changes (to what I'm not sure).

Fixed and will be propagated to next beta. Frankly, this behavior was for purpose: sorting was slow for long lists. However, I discovered today that after recent optimizations it sorts list of 5000 albums in less than 2 seconds, which is not a big deal. So I removed this check.

Also on the thumbnails. I don't mind so much waiting for the thumbnails to generate the first time but everytime is not acceptable. You look at an ablum and go back to the thumbnails and you have to wait for them to regenerate. Can't these be cached somehow?

Yes, it will be cached soon.

I like the feature to have the album covers in seperate files. Is it possible to just reference the file that is loaded under album properties instead of having a duplicate file created in a seperate directory.

This is another possibility. It is likely to be implemented together with MP3 file links, and additional cover images.

Regards,
Andrei

Batman
08-11-2002, 01:04 AM
I've found another thumbnail view problem. I have 500 albums with covers. If I set the thumbnail size to 150 all the thumbnails will show up but if the size is 200 then some thumbnails don't show, just the white box. If the size is 250 even more thumbnails don't show.

I have tried the new "Store Thumbnail in the Database". This is great! The thumbnails regen much faster. It was after using this that I noticed the above problem. I tried turning this feature back off but it didn't change the missing thumbnails.

Any ideas?

andrei_c
08-13-2002, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I don't see thumbnails problem you described on my computer. What is the normal size of full cover image in your database? And what operating system are you running?

I'll keep trying.

Andrei

Batman
08-13-2002, 10:22 PM
The album covers are about 940x940 full size. I am running Win98SE with 512 MB RAM.

Thanks for looking at this.

Batman

Sealed
08-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Okay.. I am having a very stupid day, so here is just a comment and don't pay attention to it .. ;D

Reading this I can only think of one thing
First you have them sized 150... then turned on the store thumb in database... then resized to 200.. (correct me if I am wrong) :P

Would it be possible that it is looking inside the dbase, but the file became to big and was placed outside the dbase and forgot to generate the thumb? :o

And .. what happens after reloading the image when the thumbsize is 250?? Does it stay or disappear also? ???

Good luck with it!

Batman
08-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Well for whatever reason, it works at 200 now. Both with the thumbnails stored in the database and not. However it doesn't work at 250 either way.

I see your point Sealed, if you set the thumbnails at 150, store them in the database and then up the size. Something could be going wrong there.

Andrei, does the database update the thumbnails when you change their size?

I also had the thought there might be a memory issue. Does the thumbnail view page have a memory limit?

12-31-2002, 02:36 PM
[quote=Firetongue]
Hi,

[b]I like the feature to have the album covers in seperate files.