PDA

View Full Version : Sorting?

MRC
03-03-2003, 06:19 PM
I am trying to sort albums by release date. However it will not work. In the view window it sorts only by mm/dd and ignores the year (ie 01/01/2003, then 01/15/2001, then 02/01/2002, and so forth).

When I tell the HTML generator to sort by release date, it sorts by alpha... is there something that I am doing wrong? Is there an instruction booklet for the HTML generator? Or is everyone just kinda flying by the seat of their pants?

This is a really cool product and I would love to use the full functionality of it, but it seems that it's rather hard to get any information about some of the features.

Thanks,

~M~

andrei_c
03-05-2003, 04:19 AM
Hi,

In the current implementation, Release Date is textual field. Therefore, to sort it by date, you would need to put the year at the beginning of string, such as:

"2002, 12/31"

There are no real instructions available yet. I agree that it is quite inconvenient to modify templates without proper documentation. However, please take into account that HTML export is evolving and cool new features will be added to it in final 5.0 build.

In future, when HTML template format ("DAX") stabilizes, we plan to release a documentation for it.

Thank you
Andrei