PDA

View Full Version : Year/Release Date

Stephen_Fairhurst
05-15-2003, 08:48 AM
How are you supposed to use these fields because Year seems to a subset of Release Date. I have keyed the Year field as 1974/1990 for an old album re-released on CD. Is this how it works?

andrei_c
05-15-2003, 05:49 PM
You can put the original release year in Recording Date, and the re-release year in Release Date.

Andrei

JohnsonbI4
05-16-2003, 12:49 AM
when I switch to entire collection in table view it shows release date column and year column. in both of them the year is the same, though I fill the field "release date" and don't see "year" field anywhere. where is the year field? besides, recording date and release date are not neccessary the same, you know...

andrei_c
05-27-2003, 02:39 AM
when I switch to entire collection in table view it shows release date column and year column. in both of them the year is the same, though I fill the field "release date" and don't see "year" field anywhere. where is the year field? besides, recording date and release date are not neccessary the same, you know...

The Year field is essentially same as Release Date. For example, if you put "28.02.82" in the Release Date field, the Year will display "1982". Same with "February 28th, 1982" and "1982". This is an automatic process, you cannot set Year explicitly.

Recording Date, however, is totally different field. Note also that you can display all these fields as separate columns in the album list: Release Date, Year and Recording Date.