PDA

View Full Version : Are there any problems with mixed mode CD's

Fischermaen
05-20-2003, 11:16 AM
as mentioned above, does OrangeCD has problems to detect mixed-mode CD's.

Greetings Andy

andrei_c
05-21-2003, 03:10 AM
There are no known issues with CD-Extras or mixed mode CDRs. If you notice anything that could be a problem, please report and provide some details about the CD. Thanks in advance,

Andrei

Fischermaen
05-21-2003, 04:36 AM
Hi Andrei,

what kind of information do you use for solving that bug ? Just name of the cd ?

Cu

Andy

andrei_c
05-27-2003, 02:52 AM
Hi Andy,

OrangeCD only uses CD's table of contents (TOC) to identify the disk. No other information (such as serial number, CD-TEXT, etc.) is used for that purpose.

Simply speaking, the TOC consists of numbers which represent the durations of each track in 1/75 sec units. Therefore, it does not matter if some of the tracks do not contain audio information - the TOC of the mixed mode CD can be used to identify the disc as well as normal audio CD.

Andrei

Fischermaen
05-27-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi Andrei,

I have 6 CD's which OrangeCD won't recognize. If I put them into the cd-drive having the dialog "add new album" opened, it says "no cd in drive". I can add some others, but not these. All of these cd's start an own programm to view a video or something like that. Did I "misconfigure" my WinXP or what have I done wrong?

CU Andy

andrei_c
05-27-2003, 04:29 AM
1) Are these CDs playable in regular CD player, or just in a PC? If they cannot be played by regular CD player, they are not audio CDs and you have to catalog them using "New Album" command and type all the info.

2) If the CDs launch any program when you insert them, try to close that program before adding CD to the database. It could be that OrangeCD is unable to read CD because it is in use by the other program.

Fischermaen
06-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi Andrei,

all CD's can be played in my 15 year old cd-player. Even your trick doesn't work. Some of those CD's launches programs others don't - but they are not recognized by OrangeCD.

:'( Andy