PDA

View Full Version : 2 diff. cds coming up as same album

stormclouds
06-01-2003, 05:06 AM
Hi, I'm very new to this. Started using it 2 days ago. I have two very different cds, Ace Of Base - Happy Nation (49:55) and Essential Soundtracks - The Classic Collection CD2 (49:55). When I add one to my collection it won't recognise the other CD as being different. So if Ace Of Base is already in the collection and I insert Essential Soundtracks CD2 it comes up as Ace Of Base and I can't add the soundtrack album.
If I delete ace of base and put the soundtrack cd in first then it sees it as the soundtrack cd. When I add that and then later try to add the ace of base cd it sees the ace of base cd as the soundtrack album. HELP!!!
I know I could add one manually but it's really annoying cos the cd pic that is beside a manually added album is black not silver and I don't like that. I'm too fussy, I know.
Please help me.

andrei_c
06-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, the two CDs you mentioned have the same FreeDB ID. This happens from time to time, although the probability is pretty low. The consequence is that OrangeCD does not differentiate these CDs. You can use the following workaround to add both CDs to the database:

1) Add the first CD.
2) Use Tools - Duplicate menu command to create a copy of the first CD in a separate entry.
3) Delete the entry that you added on step 1.
4) Add the second CD.

The drawback of the proposed workaround is that the first CD will have black icon instead of blue one, and will not be recognized by OrangeCD player. There is no way around that at the present time. In future, something will be changed to fix this problem, and the icons will be customizable for each database record.

stormclouds
06-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I'm a tenacious little b*tch. I don't give up easily. Guess what I did? I found a way around it.
1. Look for both cds in the freedb website.
2. Choose one of them.
3. Add that cd the way you would add any other cd.
4. For the remaining cd, find it's freedb page and click on the link next to "ids:"
5. Save the webpage that you are taken to.
6. Go into the program, click on database menu, import and export, import from local free database.
7. Enter the location of the saved freedb webpage on your harddisk and hey presto . . . it should work (and you aren't left with a black cd icon).

Well it did for me, for that cd.

Would that work for others?

Before I forget, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I now know why it wasn't working. Trust me to have two cds with the same freedb id!!! This world loves doing things like that to me.

I'm going to bed now. It's 6.10am. I'm still hyper from the Biffy Clyro gig I went to last night.

andrei_c
06-04-2003, 02:31 AM
As I understand it, this did not help recognizing CDs. Both CDs are still recognized as the one you added first. However, both database entries display disc icon, so this way solves 1/2 of the problem. Am I right?