PDA

View Full Version : Re: MP3 Files

andrei_c
04-05-2003, 07:49 PM
I still can't figure it out.The MP3 is tagged and everything but the duration of the tracks are not showing up.Only problem with OrangeCD as far as I can tell.....maybe problem will be fixed in next version.

Can you provide some details about the MP3 files? Bitrate, sampling rate, mp3 version, encoder would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Andrei

andrei_c
04-05-2003, 07:51 PM
And hey... it's weekend :)

andrei_c
04-05-2003, 08:13 PM
It has to have something to do with the tags being wrong I figure. :-/

Track times are calculated from MP3 header, not from ID3 tags. Even those files stripped of all tags should generate correct times. Unfortunately, MP3 header format is quite compicated and time calculation algorithm varies depending on version, sampling rate, etc. That's why I am asking for details.

dbecker801
04-06-2003, 11:17 AM
I think you need to give people more than 10 minutes to reply. I'm sure Andrei has a life outside of coding.

Secondly, you're using a beta. You know there will be bugs. If you want stability and a largely bug-free environment, download and install a v4 build.

UKMan
04-12-2003, 04:23 AM
Ive also noticed this. When i play some of my MP3's in MusicMatch Jukebox, all the times show up, but when i have loaded them into OrangeCD, then the track length dissapears!

Difficult to know what the problem is.

Peace
UKMan

davidagbr
06-17-2003, 07:33 AM
I've had exactly the same problem with the track times not appearing, my solution is to use Music Match to reconvert the MP3s (when needed), works everytime!

Sealed
06-17-2003, 06:34 PM
As far as I know...

Andrei is running this thing :D by himself :o

And next to that, he loves to read books on the sunny cali coast too :P and driving around ::) in his new Lexus convertable :o that he bought from our money ;D

And at the same time the program gets better and better :D and STILL is the best damn program on Earth!

Cherio! 8)

andrei_c
06-21-2003, 05:13 PM
I've had exactly the same problem with the track times not appearing, my solution is to use Music Match to reconvert the MP3s (when needed), works everytime!

Surprise, but it looks like OrangeCD is still unable to parse some MP3 headers. Can you provide me with details details (bitrate, sample rate, encoder etc.) about the files, or even better, send me at orangecd@firetongue.com some small MP3 file to take a look at?

Also, did you use the latest 5.0 release when you saw this problem? Beta builds had the bug that was fixed in official 5.0.

Thanks in advance.
Andrei