PDA

View Full Version : Start page not correctly displaying new albums

06-20-2003, 12:36 PM
I've been adding my 700+ CD collection to OrangeCD in batches over the last few weeks.

The Start page is not correctly showing my new additions--it seems "stuck" on showing seemingly arbitrary discs I added a few weeks ago. Sometimes it will correctly display new additions, but then it automatically reverts back to the old discs.

Any ideas? BTW, great product!

andrei_c
06-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi Scott,

The "new additions" feature is not really precise. For example, if you added 10 albums today, it will select five of them arbitrary. It is because it does not record actual time when the album was added, it records only the date, so it cannot determine which albums were added last.

The same applies to the albums added this week. If you haven't added any albums today, the program will select five arbitrary albums from those that were added this week.

I know this is frustrating a bit, so I am going to fix this problem as soon as reasonably possible. Note that it becomes more or less precise when you finish cataloging your collection and only add couple of CDs each week.

Andrei

06-25-2003, 06:36 AM
Hi.

I've got almost the same probleme.
I was running under an old version (4.3 I think) and i upgraded to new version 5.0 a few days ago.

I've opened my database with the new version (the start page was correctly displaying new album).
But since, every new album i added under the new version were correctly display on the start page only for one day (the current day they were added). The next day, start page only display the latest albulm i added under the old version. :-/
I've tried this a few times and it's always the same result.

Is it somehow related to the trial version?
Anyway this soft convinced me to purchase but i'd like to know if this probleme will still be there with the registration code.

Thanks.

andrei_c
06-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Hi Tom,

No, it is not related to the trial, and this problem will not go away after the registration. It is the limitation (well, bug) of the current version. This will be fixed at the nearest opportunity. Regards,

Andrei