PDA

View Full Version : compilations: rearrange title & artist infos

Alamo
07-03-2003, 09:40 AM
hello,
I'm evaluating orangeCD at the moment and I like it (specialy the freedb feature and export function)!!!!
I've got a problem with importing compilations (various artists CDs) from freedb. Artist-infos come in different forms:
artist - title
title (artist)
artist/title
artist: title
and vice versa.

but I can't find a tool in orangeCD to rearrange them properly to put the artist in the artist field. there is a function to "extract artists" (in record properties) but it is working only on some compilations. in other database-software (eg. music collector) I can choose manualy what symbol divides artist and titel.
Is there something like that in orangeCD or is it a wish for the wishlist?

Thanks and greetings from the black forest/germany

Alamo

kjetil
07-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Hi Alamo.

I have had some problems too with that, but there are some ways to make it work.

If names are seperated consistently, there shouldn't be much problem (artist, track or artist - track etc...). Even the order can be reversed in the pull-down menu for extract artist.

Some times you have a structure like this

Artist - Track
Artist - Track - more trackinfo
Artist - Track

This sort of syntax can make it impossible to extract artist. You'll soon learn to recognize these problems and substitute the character for that certain track.

Hope I could help you!

regards, kjetil

andrei_c
07-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Hi Alamo,

It could be that some forms of compilations are not recognized. Can you post the examples of the track titles (before rearrange) that are not separated properly?

Andrei

Alamo
07-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Hello kjetil & Andrei

@kjetil
> If names are seperated consistently,
> there shouldn't be much problem

yes, thanks, in most cases "seperated consistently" is the point

@Andrei

I'm still having problems with titles of this kind:

Woody Guthrie/Do-Re-Me
Cithare sur caisse-Inde
Yolele (Papa Wemba)
Crimea - Beym Odaman (Krimm-Tatar Orkiestra)

maybee there is a solution for this problem? Something like find & replace working on all tracks or a function like in mp3-tag-software in future versions of orangeCD?

thanks for your reply :-))

Alamo

andrei_c
07-10-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm still having problems with titles of this kind:

Woody Guthrie/Do-Re-Me
Cithare sur caisse-Inde
Yolele (Papa Wemba)
Crimea - Beym Odaman (Krimm-Tatar Orkiestra)

I see. The support for these kinds of separators is not implemented in current build. This will likely be added into next update, it is really easy to fix. Thanks for the information.

Note that " / " (two spaces on each side), " - " (also two spaces) are supported.

Andrei

Alamo
07-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Hello Andrei,
thanks a lot for the improved "extract artist"-feature in the new version. It's working fine!
:)

Alamo