PDA

View Full Version : Changing Column Headings

Gerry
07-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Is it possible to change/adapt Column Headings?
As my collection is mainly classical, I want the composer name on album level rather than track level.
I am quite succesfully doing that by putting the composer name in the artist field. This works fine, but of course in the display it lists Bach, Beethoven etc under the heading "Artist, which looks a bit odd. If I only could change this to "Composer[s]......... This would suit me better than using the customised fields or the existing composer field.
Any suggestions?

andrei_c
07-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Hi Gerry,

Unfortunately the strings for column headings are built-in in the program and cannot be changed. Thanks

Andrei

07-23-2003, 05:56 PM
Dear Andrei,

I totally agree with Gerry.
any possibility bringing out an only slightly changed version to rectify this for classical music collections?
Otherwise: very good looking software!

Cheers,

Frank.

andrei_c
07-25-2003, 06:17 AM
I totally agree with Gerry.
any possibility bringing out an only slightly changed version to rectify this for classical music collections?

Yes, there are plans for implementing a different data entering forms and even slightly different set of fields for classical collections.

07-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Dear Andrei,

That's great news, but in the meantime is there a way to select a number of tracks at a time and change the Composer of all these tracks at the same time?
example: Bach's goldberg variations - rather a lot of these fit on 1 CD!
If this is possible that would virtually solve my problems!

Thanks again,

Frank.

andrei_c
07-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Frank,

It is not possible in the current version. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Andrei

07-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Andrei, any chance you could include this in the next update or so?
If so I wil definitely buy a license! It would be by far the best piece of software for classical music collections with FreeDB support I have seen!

Cheers,

Frank.

lkittle
08-06-2003, 02:05 AM
I agree. I have about 2/3s classical

andrei_c
08-06-2003, 08:38 PM
lkittle and Frank:

Classical support is our biggest concern at present time, and we are going to improve it in future versions. I will provide more details about new features when they are close to release. Thank you for your patience.

Andrei

Gerry
12-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I was delighted by your, and others' comments, about the inclusion of "classical" type features.

I appreciate that you can't commit yourself too much, but what sort of time-scale are you anticipating?

Regards, Gerry.