PDA

View Full Version : MP3 ID3V2

Batman
04-23-2003, 08:55 PM
I am glad to see that with the "add MP3 files" you have included the ability to use id3v2 data. However when I tried this, it did not retreive any data, not even the artist and title. Is this still a work in progress? I was hoping that it would retieve lyrics, notes and album covers.

Has anyone else got this to work?

Batman

andrei_c
04-26-2003, 08:36 PM
[quote=Batman]
I am glad to see that with the "add MP3 files" you have included the ability to use id3v2 data.

UKMan
04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
The final build will extract lyrics, notes and covers. This is already implemented.

I don't understand, however, why artist and title didn't appear when you scanned mp3s. This can be related to the bug in ID3v2 parser that was fixed recently.

Im having some trouble with this too. Sometimes though, if you erase all the ID3 tags data from the files (i use MusicMatch for that) and then re-enter the ID3 tags again - it will work. Long way round but it works 90% of the time.

However, some of my files just refuse to allow me to enter any ID3 tags at all. In Windows Explorer there is nothing at all and when i try to enter anything i get a "Error writing to disk". But this isnt the fault of Orange though. Must be some fault with the mp3 files ???

Peace
UKMan

andrei_c
04-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi UKMan and all,

I've uploaded an intermediate build that fixes ID3v2 problem to the web site. Can you verify that the problems that you are talking about are fixed? Thanks in advance.

The fixed build can be installed from here:

http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull_6429.exe

Andrei

Batman
04-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Thanks Andrei,

I tried the build and got the artist, title, lyrics and notes most of the time, although it wasn't a 100%. That could be something will the files though. However I still don't get any album covers.

I also tried UKMan's work around but it didn't solve any of the issues.

I am glad to see that this is improving. Give those album covers another shot.

Batman

UKMan
04-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Hi UKMan and all,

I've uploaded an intermediate build that fixes ID3v2 problem to the web site. Can you verify that the problems that you are talking about are fixed? Thanks in advance.

The fixed build can be installed from here:

http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull_6429.exe

Andrei

Thx Andrei,
i shall get started on it as soon as i have settled in - just got home from work - must eat ;)

Will let you know as soon as possible.

Peace
UKMan

Batman
07-22-2003, 01:39 AM
I have tried everything I can think of with my MP3 files and the latest build but I still can't get the album covers to import from the MP3 files. Did this not get resolved in the last build or am I missing something?

Solutions???

Batman

Vivitron_15
07-22-2003, 12:27 PM
i use tag and rename to add all the details to my mp3s, including downloading covers and comments. the covers were auto imported on a small few of these, but werent got from the majority of my files; all have ID3 V1 and V2 tags associated with them.

andrei_c
07-23-2003, 12:20 AM
We only support embedded JPEG covers at present time. Could it be that the covers aren't recognized because they are in different format?

Vivitron_15
07-23-2003, 11:27 AM
personally, mine are all jpeg images and when i do a drag and drop they are OK. its jus tthe drag and drop bit :( takes a while.

Batman
07-23-2003, 03:28 PM
All my covers are jpeg as well. I am using Musicmatch to attached the covers to the MP3 files. Any other suggestions?

Batman