PDA

View Full Version : Re: How Many Genres Of Music Do You Guys Have?

Todd_M
04-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Well, I cannot tell you just yet how many I have, or what type - but I can tell you the one I do not have (and never will) - Country :P :P :P LOL

Sorry, I had to say it - all in fun, naturally ! Plesae - no yelling back at me !.....but really - how can your ears handle it ??? - KIDDING

Seriously, FuNkY - nice assortment and good work. I'll post my mine after I get my database done (it's on hold until we hear about the file scanning issue).....

StephG
04-11-2003, 09:03 PM
This is my first post so please don't flame me. I am interested in all types of music. I don't really have a favourite type. I just like what I like. So I think I have every genre, but I might be wrong.

earthwater
04-11-2003, 09:07 PM
i am a moody guy i like to here my mood is in

UKMan
04-12-2003, 04:15 AM
:DI am talking about with OrangeCD Suite.You know you can put your albums in genre don't you all? :D

Is that why i'm here ? - ha ha!!
Well, i just added a new genre called "Bad Taste" - it's for those albums i collected and regretted.

Sometimes though i have a real problem describing what genre an album is - i mean, what would you call all the Beatles:
Oldies, Pop, Rock ??
Thats what i mean - terrible aint it ? These kinda descisions really mess up my day - thanks for making it worse FC - ha ha ha!!

Peace
UKMan

Sealed
06-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Do I hate that :o

Sometimes you add a new album and FreeDB says it is Pop.. I wouldn't put Linkin Park in there :o and that is only the category!! Then there is genre and (to make things awfull) sub-genre... geeeesh, just what I needed ;D

So I tuned it down to just one ... MUSIC!! ;) however, good music and bad music would be something I could consider.

Vivitron_15
08-17-2003, 07:24 PM
you have the beatles in classic rock, thats cool....but what happens when the guys in regular rock become old stuff; are you going to move them to Classic Rock? Is there a cut off point? how do you know???

my god, i need help.... :(

Vivitron_15
08-18-2003, 10:51 AM
AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I was happy before I even started to think about this...

thought id keep it simple by having only a few genres...

Pop, Soft Rock, Harder Rock/Metal/Heavy stuff, Classical

where does Aerosmith go? I would say pop, but cant put Aerosmith along with Girls Aloud or any of the manufactured bands....tis not right :(

DAMN YOU FC.....I was happy before i started with all this...what was wrong with just enjoying the music.....

Im goin, my head hurts :(

:D

09-03-2003, 06:51 PM
???

Guys, I need your help.

I'm looking for a song I know and like for many years but till now I have no idea who was the author or first performer, nor even do I know its title. There is one clue: it's performed in the Spy Hard movie by a nun choir.

Any help will be appreciated. Please, write to lindaman@mailcity.com

Alex

chrome
11-26-2003, 02:14 AM
I have 53 Genres so far.

Of course I am a music addict...

GutterJim
12-10-2003, 07:03 AM
genres from freedb can be odd sometimes and labelling each album can be hard. I had the same problem with The Beatles.

so my genre list is short:
Christmas
Classical
Grunge
Hard Rock
Hardcore
Indie
New Wave
Pop
Punk
Punk Rock
Rock