PDA

View Full Version : Sorting and HTML templates in 5.0

dbecker801
04-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss the beta, but...

I installed 5.0 on a new machine, and also managed to redo my database so that the sort names show up correctly (IE: Frank Zappa under Z). Under 5.0 I exported to a simple website, but the HTML ignores the sort names, placing Frank Zappa back in the F section.

I assume this'll be fixed before release, right? :)

andrei_c
04-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Yes. In beta that was posted on the web site today, you can choose from two separate fields to sort either by Artist or ArtistSort.

Andrei

dbecker801
04-05-2003, 09:10 AM
Excellent... of course, now I have a different problem:

I use Geeklog on my web site for content management. Using the v4.0-style templates, I was able to successfully add the necessary PHP code to the template in order to wrap the exported files in the Geeklog framework. However, since you've changed the template format, the program interprets PHP code as macros, and the export process ends with an error.

Any ideas? If you want I can send my template files to you for you to take a look...

andrei_c
04-05-2003, 08:16 PM
This issue is already being addressed. The simplest workaround available today is replacing all '$' characters in PHP code to '$$'. HTML template processor will convert them back to single '$' characters.

In next update, there will be an option of disabling macro expansions inside PHP blocks.

dbecker801
04-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Awesome! Thanks a bunch, Andrei.

And, hey, once the template format is finalized, you'll have something for your gallery. :)