PDA

View Full Version : lyrics import template

JohnsonbI4
10-30-2003, 09:54 AM
somebody, give me some help on making a simple template. what i want it to show is: arist, album title, tracklist and lyrics for the whole album. it must look like this:
http://johnsonbl4.hotbox.ru/Vomitory%20-%20Redemption.htm

here's what i managed to make up:
http://johnsonbl4.hotbox.ru/Lyrics.DAX

what i can't do is:
1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar.
2. links between track titles in track list and lyrics (if there are lyrics - lyrics not available or the track is instrumental - i don't need the links).
3. track titles written in capital letters
4. different color for titles, track listing and lyrics
5. the last line on the page.

any ideas?

kalowski
10-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey, man, just download the CMI Style template - it shows you exactly how to use <!--[if(TrackLyrics)]--> tags etc... better than I ever could.

JohnsonbI4
10-31-2003, 01:25 AM
i think, that template is too overloaded. i want none of those options, or sorting, of everything like that. only colors should be customable. and i'm not good at html, so i just don't understand what most of the tags in that template stand for. yesterday i worked on it, and solved a couple of questions, so what is left is:

1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar (though i made it possible to enter manually before the htm page compiles, i'd prefer it to be done automatically).

2. links between track titles in track list and lyrics (if there are lyrics - lyrics not available or the track is instrumental - i don't need the links).

4. color 1 for album title and lyrics and color 2 for artist, track listing, track titles and the last line.

has anybody else to say anything?

JohnsonbI4
10-31-2003, 01:27 AM
one more thing: i can't insert two <br> between the lyrics. well, i can insert it, but they just won't work. there is just one empty line between the tracks... ???

kalowski
11-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Between <head> and </head> you want:

<title><!--[Artist/]--> <!--[Year/]--> - <!--[Title/]--></title>

Which would give you something like this
http://www.jimmymook.com/Music/c10af610.htm

except that I don't have the year of release in my title bar.

JohnsonbI4
11-06-2003, 04:20 AM
is ANYBODY going to help? i managed to do almost everything, exept for three different fonts for artist and album name, track list and track tittles and lyrics...

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-06-2003, 04:29 AM
is ANYBODY going to help? i managed to do almost everything, exept for three different fonts for artist and album name, track list and track tittles and lyrics...

:)Ok buddy I am going to look over this Thread and see if I can help out in any way.It seems kalowski has helped out....or at least tryed.

I know it can get frustrating around here.There is only a few of us that use this Program and I brought quite a bit of them.As everybody knows I post alot on here and trust me sometimes it feels like I am Posting to myself.

We are a small Family but we seem to get by ok. :)

*FC is Drunk.*

FC 8)

kalowski
11-07-2003, 02:34 PM

OK... Here's that lyric thing
<!---->
<!----><!--[tracktitle/]--><!----> &amp;nbsp;
<!--[else]-->
<!--[tracktitle/]--> &amp;nbsp;<i>
<!---->
But you then need an .htm template called something_track

THEN...if you want different font for different things just add a <font> tag in front of each thing

andrei_c
11-10-2003, 01:46 AM
one more thing: i can't insert two <br> between the lyrics. well, i can insert it, but they just won't work. there is just one empty line between the tracks... ???

Try <br>&amp;nbsp;<br> instead of <br><br>. This will make an empty line.

andrei_c
11-10-2003, 01:57 AM
1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar (though i made it possible to enter manually before the htm page compiles, i'd prefer it to be done automatically).

In your album template, replace <title>.... whatever ....</title> with this:

<title><!--[artist/]--><!---->, <!--[releasedate/]--><!---->. <!--[title/]--></title>

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet. Future version will definitely support this kind of linking.

4. color 1 for album title and lyrics and color 2 for artist, track listing, track titles and the last line.

Use the following HTML for changing color of the text:

<font color=green> .... your colored text goes here .... </font>

Replace 'green' with any color you need. You can also use RGB notation, for example: #FFFF00 for yellow (red=FF, green=FF, blue=00).

JohnsonbI4
11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
thanks for help, everyone.

In your album template, replace <title>.... whatever ....</title> with this:

<title><!--[artist/]--><!---->, <!--[releasedate/]--><!---->. <!--[title/]--></title>

andrei, i tried this, it didn't help. it says something like it doesn't know what artist tag means... (sorry for inexact quote, orangecd is on another computer)

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet. Future version will definitely support this kind of linking.

still i've found a way around. it looks something like

if lyrics - <a href [track number]> (in track listing)
and
<a name [track_number]> as a lyrics title...

and it works!!

JohnsonbI4
11-11-2003, 08:35 AM
just one more question: is there a way to add a line which might look like "All songs by john smith" at the end of the page? it looks stupid when it says "music: john smith, lyrics: john smith" after each song title... ::)

11-11-2003, 02:16 PM
[quote=Johnsonbl4]one more thing: i can't insert two <br> between the lyrics. well, i can insert it, but they just won't work. there is just one empty line between the tracks...

gofer
11-13-2003, 05:01 AM
[quote=Hal Hilyard]

That's the way HTML works: browsers collapse multiple <br>s together into one line break. You can use

JohnsonbI4
11-26-2003, 08:29 AM
nobody answered me, so i'll repeat my question:

[quote=Johnsonbl4]is there a way to add a line which might look like "All songs by john smith" at the end of the page? it looks stupid when it says "music: john smith, lyrics: john smith" after each song title...

5thfret
04-08-2004, 10:45 PM
:)Ok buddy I am going to look over this Thread and see if I can help out in any way.It seems kalowski has helped out....or at least tryed.

I know it can get frustrating around here.There is only a few of us that use this Program and I brought quite a bit of them.As everybody knows I post alot on here and trust me sometimes it feels like I am Posting to myself.

We are a small Family but we seem to get by ok. :)

*FC is Drunk.*

FC 8)

was there another objective to your post, or just a way to tell someone how well renown, you think you are? ::)

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
04-09-2004, 08:25 AM
was there another objective to your post, or just a way to tell someone how well renown, you think you are? ::)

:-/ No.I was trying to help somebody out.It seems like you have a hard time when People do this for others.

;D And thank you for the comment 5thfret. ;D

Renown FC

5thfret
04-26-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry if I missed something. But I didn't see any help given. Just someone telling us, he knows how to use the program, and how many people he brought in here.
There will always be a few select individuals that can manipulate a program to it's extents. I'm glad you feel your one of them.