PDA

View Full Version : Sorting the browses

thetrickster
05-11-2004, 09:40 PM
As you can see on my site (www.themetalmatrix.com) , I have a Top Ten system for each year. I did this by creating a custom category.

I am wondering whether there is any way to sort each custom category in a different way. As it is now, every browse section (browse by artist, browse by year, browse by genre etc.) all have to use the same sort.

What I want to do is have the Browse by Artist section sort alphabetically, but have the Top Ten section sort by the Metal Matrix Rating.

Is this possible at all?

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Cheers,
The Trickster.

andrei_c
05-25-2004, 05:36 AM
What I want to do is have the Browse by Artist section sort alphabetically, but have the Top Ten section sort by the Metal Matrix Rating.
I don't understand. I looked at you site (nice collection BTW) but didn't see Top Ten section. Where is it?

Andrei

thetrickster
05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Sorry Andrei, I knew my question was a little confusing.

On the front screen of my site, you will see there is a "Sort by Metal Matrix Ranking" section. Each years Top Ten listing is under this browse.

When I click on a year to view its Top Ten albums, I would like them to be sorted by Metal Matrix Ranking, instead of alphabetically. I know that I can do this by changing the template sorting options, but it will also affect the other browses on the front screen.

Is there a way to have several browses on the front screen (like on my site), but have them sort differently?

Thanks as usual,
The Trickster.

andrei_c
05-27-2004, 01:56 PM
I am afraid this is not possible now. Having separate templates for each browse pages is #1 or #2 in template wish list by today, so I think I'll start working on this eventually.

Andrei