PDA

View Full Version : Automatic creation of meta tags

thetrickster
05-17-2004, 12:21 AM
No-one has answered my last questions yet, but I have another one nonetheless.

Is it possible for OrangeCD to automatically add meta tags to each html page that it creates. I could go through all of them and manually update them, but when OrangeCD recreates the pages, the meta tags are removed.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I gotta ask right? :P

The Trickster

andrei_c
05-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Hi,

What kind of meta tags do you put in the page? Do you want them to be static or generated dynamically from album data? There are options, but they all require manual .dax file editing. I can suggest something if you tell me more about what you are trying to achieve and what template do you use.

Andrei

thetrickster
05-25-2004, 10:07 PM
I created the template myself by editing one of the ones on your site quite a lot. I am getting much better at editing the templates, but I'm not really sure on how to add or change meta tags.

I guess I would like to have each page to have keywords listed based on band name and album details. I am attempting to make my site come up in search results from engines such as google and yahoo.

Maybe you know more about this. Am I wasting my time?

The Trickster.

andrei_c
05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Maybe you know more about this. Am I wasting my time?
No, I don't think you are wasting time, although I should warn you that these kinds of keywords (I mean, popular bands and albums names) are extremely competitive, so please don't expect too much of this change.

Basically, what you need is place the following code after the <head> tag in the album:: section of the template ("Album Page" if you are using template editor application):

<meta name="Keywords" content="<!--[Artist/]-->,<!--[Title/]-->">

Then run HTML export to make sure it works, and open any album page in the Notepad. It should display something like this in beginning of document:

<html>
<head>
<meta name="Keywords" content="David Bowie,Changesbowie">
<title>David Bowie - Changesbowie</title>

Andrei