PDA

View Full Version : Create a Play Button in Html Script

Tossby
06-15-2004, 06:59 AM
:-/
Hello together,

I know, that there is another topic related to the same question, but the answers did not solve the problem.

I want to create a

andrei_c
06-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Hi Tossby,

This tag is not in the current builds. There were problems with its implementation, so it was not added after all.

I am sorry for confusion.

Andrei

Tossby
06-17-2004, 06:38 AM
:'(
Is there in the meantime a workarround for the missing tag?
How else can I create a "play-button"?

Hi Tossby,

This tag is not in the current builds. There were problems with its implementation, so it was not added after all.

I am sorry for confusion.

Andrei

pheisholt
08-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I've added a PLAY button to the CRISP theme and the CMI template. The play button works with iTunes (or any other audio file collection that follows the iTunes naming convention).

I've also added a feature to the CRISP theme which attempts to detect mismatching OCD track entries and iTunes track file names.

I've found this quite useful. iTunes uses Gracenote CDDB, while OCD uses FreeDB. By comparing & synchronizing the two, you're able to detect and correct many of the typos in artist names, album titles and track titles.

The play button has a few limitations you should be aware of:

1. The play button will not work on a track if the artist name, album title or track title contain any of these three characters:

\ - backslash
` - grave accent
" - quotation mark

2. The script will not work properly if your audio file collection consists of different file formats (mp3, wav, etc). You can only specify one extension in the theme/template script. A work-around could be to enter file format in an album or track related OCD field, like for instance the soloist field. Then the correct extension for each track could be identified by using the <--[tracksoloist]--> variable.

If you're interested, drop me a line, and I'll send you a copy of the modified theme and/or template, the play button images and a description of how to use it all.

pheisholt
09-12-2004, 10:31 AM
An improved version of the modified Crisp theme and CMI template (both include a PLAY button function), can be downloaded from http://ocd.juventas.net.

The PLAY button works with iTunes (or any other audio file collection that follows the iTunes naming convention). But you can always modify the function to work with other naming conventions. You'll find a description of the iTunes naming convention at the ocd.juventas.net site.

The only character the modified template and theme will NOT handle now is the backslash character (\), which probably doesn't occur very often (if ever) in your OCD album, artist or track names.

Beeph
09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
An improved version of the modified Crisp theme and CMI template (both include a PLAY button function), can be downloaded from http://ocd.juventas.net.

Hey pheisholt, just a quick note to say thanks for the modified template. I really like it and I don't even use the play function you created it for. I just like all the little 'tweaks' - the extra information that is displayed here and there. Would recommend it to anyone that uses the Crisp template and just wants a little bit more info displayed. Perhaps Andrei could incorporate some of these features into the next build?

Cheers,

Beeph. :D

pheisholt
09-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the tweaks.
Cheers!
-paul-