PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this mess?

ihwar2000
10-06-2004, 05:31 AM
As you can see on my web site (rec.mlinusson.com) the "Browse by artist [name]" table is just a mess. I'd like the names displayed in three columns instead, but I don't know how to tweak the template to do that. Is that possible at all or do I have to fix that manually?
I use an altered version of the aluminium template.

pheisholt
10-07-2004, 09:45 PM
You should be able to do that with some creative javascripting in the template editor (DAXEXIT.EXE).

The section to look for under the Start Page tab is:

<!---->
<!----><!---->????<!----><!---->
<!---->

You need to pass these parameters to a javascript and then have the javascript create the HTML output in three columns.

ihwar2000
10-08-2004, 03:59 AM
So I just got myself a reason to check out the book about javascript that I bought a while ago...

I guess I'll get back to this if I can't figure it out by myself.

Thanks for your help.

pheisholt
10-10-2004, 07:47 PM
You'll probably also have to pass <!----> from the

<!--[Group(ArtistSort)]-->
<!--[GroupCount/]-->;
<!---->

section to yout javascript function in order to get the total number of groups/artists in your collection. You'll need that to determine the length of each column.

I may have a go at this, but right now I'm too busy. Will let you know. If I do get around to it, I will add it as an option to my modified CMI template (http://ocd.juventas.net)

Good luck!

ihwar2000
10-11-2004, 03:50 AM
I really appreciate your help! I'll give it a try myself, but since I don't know how javascripts work yet, I'm not very hopeful that I can manage it.

Btw, I'm using a modified version of your version of the crisp theme (among other things I removed the play-buttons, since I don't use OCD for mp3's). I really love it, so I want to thank you for letting others use it.

pheisholt
10-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I've created a function to sort the artists in three columns. And it seems to work fine, except one minor detail:

For some odd reason the first entry in each column loses its hover properties (no highlighting, no underlining and no pointer hand). The entries are actually still hyperlinks, it just doesn't show.

Until I've resolved this minor issue, I will not be releasing an update of the CMI_Play template at http://ocd.juventas.net. But if anyone is interested in testing this preliminary version, let me know and I'll send you a copy.